Peanut Butter Pretzel Ice Cream Pie-A salty pretzel crust filled with Moose Tracks ice cream then topped with peanut butter cups and drizzled with peanut butter hot fudge sauce! Peanut butter lovers will go crazy for this pie!
My peanut butter obsession is STRONG right now. I have been stirring peanut butter into my oatmeal, slathering it on my toast, and eating it by the spoonful from the jar. Yep, I am classy like that.
I also made the ultimate peanut butter summer dessert, Peanut Butter Pretzel Ice Cream Pie. If you are a peanut butter lover, you might need to sit down to read this post, this recipe is going to blow your mind!
Are you sitting down? Good. Now let’s talk about this crazy delicious ice cream pie!
I love all things sweet and salty so for the base of the ice cream pie I made a pretzel crust. That’s right, crushed pretzels with sugar and butter. Mmmm, the BEST pie crust!
I filled the pretzel crust with softened Private Selection Denali Moose Tracks Ice Cream, one of my favorite ice cream flavors. Creamy vanilla ice cream with peanut butter cups and swirls of chocolate fudge, oh yeah! I stirred in a few tablespoons of peanut butter into the ice cream because why not? Bring on the peanut butter!
I topped the pie with chopped up peanut butter cups and put it in the freezer to chill.
When the pie was set up, I removed it from the freezer and drizzled it with peanut butter hot fudge sauce. Yes, yes, I did! I told you my peanut butter obsession was STRONG!
I cut the pie into slices and enjoyed every single bite of my piece. I think I said WHOA after every bite. Vanilla ice cream with lots of peanut butter and chocolate going on AND a pretzel crust. Yep, this pie deserves a WHOA after every bite. The sweet and salty combo is incredible!!
If you are a peanut butter lover, promise me you will make this Peanut Butter Pretzel Ice Cream Pie. It is seriously the best thing you will ever eat. And the best part? It is easy to make and you can keep it in the freezer for up to 2 weeks. You can eat a piece of ice cream pie whenever that peanut butter craving comes along. I think I am going to go have a few bites right NOW!
Peanut Butter Pretzel Ice Cream Pie
For the pretzel crust:
- 2 cups crushed pretzels
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 8 tablespoons butter melted
For the pie:
- 3 cups Private Selection Denali Moose Tracks Ice Cream softened
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 10 peanut butter cups chopped
- Peanut Butter Hot Fudge for drizzling over pie
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place the crushed pretzels, sugar, and melted butter in a bowl. Stir until combined. Press the pretzel mixture into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie pan. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- In a large bowl, stir together the ice cream and peanut butter. Pour the ice cream mixture into the cooled pretzel pie crust. Smooth with a spatula and top with the chopped up peanut butter cups. Place pie in freezer and freeze until ice cream hardens, at least 2 hours.
- When ready to serve, remove pie from freezer. Drizzle pie with Peanut Butter Hot Fudge Sauce. Run a sharp knife under hot water. Cut the pie into slices and serve immediately.
- Note-to make the pretzel pie crust, you will need about 4 cups whole pretzels. To crush them, you can place the pretzels in a zipped plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin. Alternately, you can use a food processor. The pie will keep in the freezer for up to 2 weeks. Keep the pie covered with plastic wrap. You can find Private Selection ice cream at Kroger stores.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
This post is in partnership with Kroger, but our opinions are our own. Thank you for supporting the brands that continue to make Two Peas and Their Pod possible.
Uh oh, I’m on a peanut butter kick lately. Now I’m going to have to try this. Thanks for sharing 🙂
perfect for the PB obsessed!
LOVE this sweet and salty combo. Perfect Summer dessert!
Love the sweet and salty combo here!
Pretzels are one of my all time favorite additions to desserts and this pie looks INSANE! Can I have it for breakfast?? 🙂
Hey girl this looks oh so yummy!
I could cry looking at all of my favorite things in the world in one pie- I mean peanut butter cups!!! Its pure torture!
That ice cream pie looks really fancy, but still seems easy enough to make. Right now, we’re eating celery with peanut butter.
Oh, my heat. I need this.
This is one insane ice cream pie! My husband would love it!!
This is a beauty!!!
Oh wow what a dessert! I don’t have too much of a sweet tooth, but I’d still love to try this, plus the pretzel and peanut butter probably adds a nice salty contrast!
My boys would go crazy for this!
I’m a serious peanut butter fan! Looks delicious! I really like the pretzel crust!
Peanut butter + chocolate + pretzels is where it’s at! Posted something similar a few weeks ago and it was so good. Love the way you think!
I would like a printable copy of recipe. If you would send a copy to. firstname.lastname@example.org
Pizza cone making machine is a very useful food making machine. Pizza and cone are in one. Is it amazing for you?
More information about this machine, please click here: http://www.biscuit-machines.com/
SO many of my favorites! Need this now!!
I made this pie and it was to die for!!!! Thank you for the recipe..its almost as fun to make as it is to eat!!! My company loved it. The sweet with the salty was divine.
Yay! It’s my favorite pie. Glad you liked it too!
This looks ridiculous…. in a good way
I HAVE to make this sometime. Sadly, though, it will have to be at the end of the summer since my cousins are staying with us for the summer, and one of them has a severe milk allergy. Unless you have some way to make this without dairy? If so, please tell me! This looks to die for.
Dairy free ice cream??? I haven’t tried it!
I’m a huge sweet and salty fan! This looks phenomenal!!
That pretty much covers all of my obsessive bases right now. My grandkids thank you in advance.
I have made this so many times now! my family loves it!!!
What’s the method you use to crush pretzels? Every time I do, they either turn out too fine & powdery or too big.
You can break them up with your hands or roughly chop with a knife.