Peanut Butter Pretzel Ice Cream Pie-A salty pretzel crust filled with Moose Tracks ice cream then topped with peanut butter cups and drizzled with peanut butter hot fudge sauce! Peanut butter lovers will go crazy for this pie!
My peanut butter obsession is STRONG right now. I have been stirring peanut butter into my oatmeal, slathering it on my toast, and eating it by the spoonful from the jar. Yep, I am classy like that.
I also made the ultimate peanut butter summer dessert, Peanut Butter Pretzel Ice Cream Pie. If you are a peanut butter lover, you might need to sit down to read this post, this recipe is going to blow your mind!
Are you sitting down? Good. Now let’s talk about this crazy delicious ice cream pie!
I love all things sweet and salty so for the base of the ice cream pie I made a pretzel crust. That’s right, crushed pretzels with sugar and butter. Mmmm, the BEST pie crust!
I filled the pretzel crust with softened Private Selection Denali Moose Tracks Ice Cream, one of my favorite ice cream flavors. Creamy vanilla ice cream with peanut butter cups and swirls of chocolate fudge, oh yeah! I stirred in a few tablespoons of peanut butter into the ice cream because why not? Bring on the peanut butter!
I topped the pie with chopped up peanut butter cups and put it in the freezer to chill.
When the pie was set up, I removed it from the freezer and drizzled it with peanut butter hot fudge sauce. Yes, yes, I did! I told you my peanut butter obsession was STRONG!
I cut the pie into slices and enjoyed every single bite of my piece. I think I said WHOA after every bite. Vanilla ice cream with lots of peanut butter and chocolate going on AND a pretzel crust. Yep, this pie deserves a WHOA after every bite. The sweet and salty combo is incredible!!
If you are a peanut butter lover, promise me you will make this Peanut Butter Pretzel Ice Cream Pie. It is seriously the best thing you will ever eat. And the best part? It is easy to make and you can keep it in the freezer for up to 2 weeks. You can eat a piece of ice cream pie whenever that peanut butter craving comes along. I think I am going to go have a few bites right NOW!
Peanut Butter Pretzel Ice Cream Pie
- Prep Time
- 15 minutes
- Cook Time
- 10 minutes
For the pretzel crust:
- 2 cups crushed pretzels
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 8 tablespoons butter melted
For the pie:
- 3 cups Private Selection Denali Moose Tracks Ice Cream softened
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 10 peanut butter cups chopped
- Peanut Butter Hot Fudge for drizzling over pie
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place the crushed pretzels, sugar, and melted butter in a bowl. Stir until combined. Press the pretzel mixture into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie pan. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- In a large bowl, stir together the ice cream and peanut butter. Pour the ice cream mixture into the cooled pretzel pie crust. Smooth with a spatula and top with the chopped up peanut butter cups. Place pie in freezer and freeze until ice cream hardens, at least 2 hours.
- When ready to serve, remove pie from freezer. Drizzle pie with Peanut Butter Hot Fudge Sauce. Run a sharp knife under hot water. Cut the pie into slices and serve immediately.
- Note-to make the pretzel pie crust, you will need about 4 cups whole pretzels. To crush them, you can place the pretzels in a zipped plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin. Alternately, you can use a food processor. The pie will keep in the freezer for up to 2 weeks. Keep the pie covered with plastic wrap. You can find Private Selection ice cream at Kroger stores.
This post is in partnership with Kroger, but our opinions are our own. Thank you for supporting the brands that continue to make Two Peas and Their Pod possible.