Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats- traditional Rice Krispie treats just got better with the addition of peanut butter and you only need 6 ingredients! Peanut butter lovers are going to go crazy for these gooey, marshmallow cereal bars! Sweet, salty, and SO good!
Ok, where are my peanut butter lovers at? Both of my hands are raised! I LOVE peanut butter. It is in my top 5 foods of all-time. I can’t live without it.
I also love classic Rice Krispie Treats so I decided to combine my two loves and make Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats. Peanut butter makes everything better, right?
Well, the verdict is in, andthese rice krispie treats are life changing! They are SO good, maybe TOO good! I wanted to hide them from my boys because I wanted them all to myself kind of good, ha!
You Only Need 6 Ingredients!
This recipe is super simple, you only need six ingredients and I bet you have them all in your kitchen right now!
- Butter– bring on the butter!
- Mini marshmallows– use MINI marshmallows! They are easier to melt and I like to stir in extra mini marshmallows to make the treats extra gooey! You will need a full 16 oz bag plus an additional cup, so buy two bags.
- Vanilla extract– add a splash!
- Sea salt– the sweet and salty combo is so good! This is my favorite flaky sea salt.
- Peanut butter– creamy peanut butter takes these RKT to a whole new level. Trust me!
- Crispy rice cereal– you can use the classic Kellogg’s Rice Krispies or a generic brand.
How to Make Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats
Whenever I need an easy dessert, I turn to rice krispie treats. They are no-bake, only take about 10 minutes to make, and everyone loves them!
- I like THICK rice krispie treats, so I use a square pan, go with an 8×8-inch or 9×9-inch pan. Grease and set aside.
- In a large pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Add a 16 oz bag of mini marshmallows and stir until the marshmallows are completely melted.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the vanilla and sea salt. Add the peanut butter, this is where the magic happens. The peanut butter melts in with the marshmallows, swoon!
- Add the Rice Krispies and gently stir until all of the cereal is well coated. Stir in the remaining 1 cup of mini marshmallows.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared pan. Lightly press the mixture into the pan, using a greased spatula. You can also lightly grease your hands and press the mixture into the pan. Don’t press too hard, you don’t want to pack the treats in the pan, or they will get hard. Finish with a little sprinkle of flaky sea salt.
- For best results, let the treats cool for about an hour and then cut into squares, but I won’t tell if you sneak a square right away:)
Easy Dessert for Anytime
I love making these Rice Krispie treats for potlucks, parties, game day, holidays, or an easy weeknight dessert! They can be whipped up in no time and everyone loves them! They are always a crowd pleaser!
The next time you need an easy dessert, give this Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treat recipe a try! I guarantee you will love them and be hooked for life!
More Easy No-Bake Desserts
- Best Ever Classic Rice Krispie Treats
- Oreo Rice Krispie Treats
- White Chocolate Peppermint Pretzel Rice Krispie Treats
Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 16 ounce bag mini marshmallows, plus 1 cups mini marshmallows, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon flaky sea salt, plus more for sprinkling
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 8 cups crispy rice cereal
- Grease an 8×8-inch or 9×9-inch square baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set pan aside.
- In a large pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the 16 oz bag of mini marshmallows and stir until the marshmallows are completely melted.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the vanilla and the sea salt. Add the peanut butter and stir until the mixture is smooth.
- Add the cereal and gently stir until the cereal is well coated. Stir in the remaining 1 cup of mini marshmallows.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared pan. Lightly press the mixture into the pan, using a greased spatula. You can also lightly grease your hands and press the mixture into the pan. Don’t press too hard, you don’t want to pack the treats in the pan, or they will get hard. Sprinkle with a little flaky sea salt.
- Let the Rice Krispie Treats cool before cutting, about 1 hour. Cut into squares and serve.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
Photos by In Krista’s Kitchen