Pesto Cheese Bread-thick, crusty bread topped with basil pesto, fresh mozzarella cheese, and Parmesan. This easy cheesy bread is a hit at our house!
Our herb garden is overflowing with basil. I didn’t think it would do well this year because I’ve kind of neglected it, but I guess our plants are independent. They are taking care of themselves!
So when life gives you lots of basil, make pesto! We made a huge batch of our favorite Spinach Basil Pesto recipe. We put a lot of the pesto in the freezer, but we also kept some out to make Pesto Cheese Bread. I am so glad we did because this bread is easy, cheesy, and delicious!
We were on a Caprese Garlic Bread kick for a few weeks and I was going to make the bread again, but since I had fresh pesto, I decided to mix things up and make Pesto Cheese Bread. Carbs and cheese, please!
This bread is super simple to make. All you have to do is slather a loaf of Italian or French bread with basil pesto, top it with fresh mozzarella cheese slices, and sprinkle on some Parmesan cheese. Bake it in the oven until the bread starts to brown around the edges and the cheese is all nice and melty! Cut it into slices and enjoy!
You can serve Pesto Cheese bread as a side dish to any meal, as an appetizer, or as dinner…like we did. Don’t worry, we had sweet corn and watermelon too! It was the perfect easy meal and we are all about easy these days!
If you have basil coming out your ears, make a batch of pesto, and make this Pesto Cheese Bread. And if you are feeling lazy or don’t have any basil, you can use store bought pesto. There is nothing wrong with cheating a little! Either way, you need this Pesto Cheese Bread in your life. Trust me!
Pesto Cheese Bread
- Prep Time
- 10 minutes
- Total Time
- 25 minutes
- 1 loaf of Italian or French bread cut in half lengthwise
- 1/2 cup pesto
- 16 oz fresh mozzarella cheese cut into slices
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the bread on a large baking sheet, cut side up. Spread each half with pesto. Top evenly with mozzarella slices and shredded Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted and starting to brown around the edges. Cut bread into slices and serve warm.