Pumpkin Cinnamon Swirl Bread-pumpkin bread with a sweet cinnamon sugar swirl! This easy pumpkin bread is a fall favorite.
I know it isn’t officially fall yet, we have a few days, but I couldn’t wait any longer to bust out the pumpkin. Over the weekend, I made the most delicious Pumpkin Cinnamon Swirl Bread. Our house smelled amazing while it was baking and the loaf didn’t even last a day. Yep, it’s a winner!
I love making quick breads because they are super easy, hence the name quick:) This pumpkin bread is no exception, you don’t even need a mixer!
The bread is moist, perfectly spiced, and the cinnamon swirl through the center is to die for! I also add a sprinkle of cinnamon sugar to the top of the loaf to make it pretty and you can never have too much cinnamon or sugar:)
The pumpkin bread is great for breakfast, snack time, or dessert. We ate it all day long until it was gone. Oops!
This Pumpkin Cinnamon Swirl Bread is a must make for fall. I am making another loaf this week and chances are it won’t last long either! I might have to hide it from my boys:)
Looking for more pumpkin recipes? Check out our favorite pumpkin recipes! You will want to make them all:) Yay for fall!
Pumpkin Cinnamon Swirl Bread
For the Bread:
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup oil vegetable, canola, or melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie filling
For the Cinnamon Sugar Mixture:
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x5 loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together sugars, oil, buttermilk, eggs, and vanilla. Whisk in the pumpkin until mixture is smooth.
- Stir in the dry ingredients and mix with a spatula until just combined. Don't over mix.
- In a small bowl, stir together the sugar and cinnamon.
- Pour half of the batter into the prepared loaf pan, and smooth the top with a spatula. Sprinkle the batter with the cinnamon sugar mixture, reserving about 2 tablespoons for the top. Pour the remaining batter over the cinnamon sugar mixture and smooth with the spatula. Take a knife and swirl the batter. Sprinkle remaining cinnamon sugar mixture over the top.
- Bake the bread for 60-65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 15-20 minutes, then carefully invert the loaf and cool on a rack until it reaches room temperature. Slice and enjoy!
- Note-Bread will keep wrapped in plastic wrap or stored in a sealed container for up to 4 days. You can use 1 tablespoon of pumpkin pie spice to replace all of the spices if you wish.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!