Pumpkin Cinnamon Swirl Bread-pumpkin bread with a sweet cinnamon sugar swirl! This easy pumpkin bread is a fall favorite.
I know it isn’t officially fall yet, we have a few days, but I couldn’t wait any longer to bust out the pumpkin. Over the weekend, I made the most delicious Pumpkin Cinnamon Swirl Bread. Our house smelled amazing while it was baking and the loaf didn’t even last a day. Yep, it’s a winner!
I love making quick breads because they are super easy, hence the name quick:) This pumpkin bread is no exception, you don’t even need a mixer!
The bread is moist, perfectly spiced, and the cinnamon swirl through the center is to die for! I also add a sprinkle of cinnamon sugar to the top of the loaf to make it pretty and you can never have too much cinnamon or sugar:)
The pumpkin bread is great for breakfast, snack time, or dessert. We ate it all day long until it was gone. Oops!
This Pumpkin Cinnamon Swirl Bread is a must make for fall. I am making another loaf this week and chances are it won’t last long either! I might have to hide it from my boys:)
Looking for more pumpkin recipes? Check out our favorite pumpkin recipes! You will want to make them all:) Yay for fall!
Pumpkin Cinnamon Swirl Bread
- Prep Time
- 15 minutes
- Total Time
- 1 hour 20 minutes
- 1 loaf
For the Bread:
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup oil vegetable, canola, or melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie filling
For the Cinnamon Sugar Mixture:
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x5 loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together sugars, oil, buttermilk, eggs, and vanilla. Whisk in the pumpkin until mixture is smooth.
- Stir in the dry ingredients and mix with a spatula until just combined. Don't over mix.
- In a small bowl, stir together the sugar and cinnamon.
- Pour half of the batter into the prepared loaf pan, and smooth the top with a spatula. Sprinkle the batter with the cinnamon sugar mixture, reserving about 2 tablespoons for the top. Pour the remaining batter over the cinnamon sugar mixture and smooth with the spatula. Take a knife and swirl the batter. Sprinkle remaining cinnamon sugar mixture over the top.
- Bake the bread for 60-65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 15-20 minutes, then carefully invert the loaf and cool on a rack until it reaches room temperature. Slice and enjoy!
- Note-Bread will keep wrapped in plastic wrap or stored in a sealed container for up to 4 days. You can use 1 tablespoon of pumpkin pie spice to replace all of the spices if you wish.
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!