Fall is in the air and that means football and pumpkin baking for us. On Saturday afternoon, Josh turned on the football games and I started baking. To kick off football and pumpkin season, I made pumpkin Nutella bread. If you like pumpkin chocolate chip bread, I have a feeling you will love pumpkin Nutella bread.
I started with a basic pumpkin bread recipe-pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla. I love all of those flavors, so I was off to a good start. I divided the batter between four mini loaf pans. I love the mini loaves of bread:) I opened a jar of Nutella and scooped two heaping tablespoons onto each loaf of bread. Using a knife, I swirled the Nutella into the pumpkin batter, creating an orange and chocolaty loaf.
While the loaves were baking we cheered on our favorite football team and enjoyed the smell of pumpkin that was gently warming the house. At half time, I sliced into one of the mini loaves. I loved the contrast the dark Nutella swirl added to the pumpkin spiced bread. I am glad my first taste of pumpkin this fall involved Nutella. What a delightful combination! I can’t wait to make this pumpkin Nutella bread for Halloween-it will be perfect for the holiday.
Add pumpkin Nutella bread to your fall baking list today!
Pumpkin Nutella Bread
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 cup canned pumpkin not pumpkin pie filling
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon hazelnut extract
- 8 tablespoons Nutella 2 tablespoons per mini loaf
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 4 mini loaf pans with cooking spray. Set aside.
- 2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Set aside.
- 3. In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, oil, water, pumpkin, eggs, and extracts. Whisk until smooth and combined.
- 4. Slowly stir in the flour mixture. Mix until ingredients are combined.
- 5. Pour the batter into the mini loaf pans, making sure batter is evenly divided. Drop 2 heaping tablespoons of Nutella onto each loaf pan. Swirl the Nutella into the pumpkin batter with a knife. Place the loaf pans onto a baking sheet and place in the oven. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- 6. Place the loaf pans on a wire rack. Cool for 15 minutes in the pan and then carefully remove the loaves. Cool completely before slicing.
- *Note-You can make regular size loaves. This recipe should make 2 8x4 loaves. Adjust baking time to about 60 minutes.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
If you like this Pumpkin Nutella bread, you might also like: