Today is my birthday!! I love birthdays, they are so fun! I don’t understand why some people hate celebrating their birthdays. I love having a special day! I know getting older can be a downer for some, but I don’t feel that way. I like getting older and wiser:) I am a whopping 27 years old now!!
Josh is taking me out for sushi tonight and tomorrow he is throwing me a dessert party with some friends. He is too good to me!! I am sure this will be the best birthday ever!!!
We are celebrating with cookies today! Josh informed me the other day that he has never had a butterscotch cookie. I was shocked! So of course I had to whip up a batch of Butterscotch Oatmeal cookies for him to try! I love butterscotch and oatmeal together.
This time I used quick oats, I NEVER use quick oats in my oatmeal cookies, but that is what Josh measured out…so I decided to go with it. I was very skeptical at first, until I took a bite. I loved these cookies! They were nice and thick and full of oatmeal butterscotchy goodness!! And Josh really enjoyed them! This won’t be the last time he has a butterscotch cookie!
Butterscotch Oatmeal Cookies
- 3/4 cup 1-1/2 sticks butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 cups butterscotch chips
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Beat butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar in large bowl until well blended. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
- Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating until well blended. Stir in oats and butterscotch chips; mix well. Drop by heaping teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. About 4 dozen cookies.