1 package of Rhodes frozen roll dough
Thanks everyone for your kind comments. My boss let me leave my work trip because I was so sick, Josh came to my rescue. I am feeling better, not great, but better. Thanks again for all of your well wishes.
We enjoyed Easter dinner at the Dewey’s this year. They are not technically family, but close enough:) They always include us in their family events, they are too good to us! We had a huge feast on Easter: Honey Baked ham, roasted asparagus, fresh green beans, salad, fresh fruit, sweet potatoes, and orange rolls. Everything was super tasty.
Today I am sharing the orange roll recipe. We kind of cheated though, we used Rhodes rolls since we were short on time. We usually make homemade rolls, but we thought we would give these a try.
We let the dough thaw out on the counter and twisted them into knots. We then dipped them in butter and a mix of orange zest and sugar. We let them rise for about 40 minutes and baked them up. We let them cool for a bit and then smothered them in an orange glaze.
I usually turn my nose up to store bought baked goods and mixes, but these orange rolls were OH SO GOOD! I loved them! The rolls were light and fluffy and the orange sugar and glaze really made them special. Everyone devoured them. There were no leftovers and we made a ton! I think we will have to make these every Easter! A new tradition!
Rhodes Orange Rolls
Fresh orange juice
1. Let the frozen dough thaw out on the counter for about two hours.
2. Once the dough is workable, but still cool, roll the dough balls into ropes and then tie a knot.
3. Dip the knots in softened butter.
4. Combine the sugar and orange zest with your fingers. Dip the buttered knots into the orange/sugar mixture.
5. Place rolls in a greased pan and let rise for at least 40 minutes or until doubled in size.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for about 15-20 minutes, until they are golden.
7. Let the rolls cool. Make a glaze by combining powdered sugar, orange zest, and fresh orange juice. Whisk until smooth. I didn’t measure but you want the consistency to be a glaze.
8. With a spoon ice the rolls with the orange glaze.
9. Eat up!