Roasted Cauliflower, Feta, and Orzo Salad-spinach salad with roasted cauliflower, orzo, feta cheese, dried cherries, red onion, and a simple honey lemon dressing.
I indulged during December, but I am resetting and eating all of the greens and healthy things I can get my hands on. I am in full blown salad mode. I love a good salad and when I say good I mean GOOD. I don’t do boring or wimpy salads. I want a salad that will leave me satisfied and feeling good. This Roasted Cauliflower, Feta, and Orzo Salad fits the bill.
This salad starts with roasted cauliflower, which is one of my very favorite vegetables. I could eat the entire pan of roasted cauliflower and be perfectly content, but I try to refrain so I can make my salad. It is worth the wait.
The salad also has fresh spinach, whole wheat orzo, red onion, dried cherries, and a simple honey lemon dressing. All of the flavors come together to create an amazing salad. The dried cherries add just enough sweetness to cure those sugar cravings that I have been having. I don’t have to reach for the cookie jar because the dried cherries do the trick. This salad has it all!
This salad is not only satisfying, but it is beautiful too. A pretty salad is always a bonus and it will hold up until the next day so you can enjoy the leftovers. Double bonus!
Add this Roasted Cauliflower, Feta, and Orzo Salad to your menu. It is great for lunch or dinner and will leave you perfectly content and feeling goooooooooood!
Roasted Cauliflower, Feta, and Orzo Salad
- Prep Time
- 20 minutes
- Cook Time
- 25 minutes
- Total Time
- 45 minutes
For the Salad:
- 1 small head cauliflower broken into small florets (about 5 cups)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup orzo pasta
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2/3 cup dried cherries
- 4 cups baby spinach
For the Dressing:
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a bowl, toss the cauliflower with 3 tablespoons of the olive oil, the garlic, salt, and pepper. Spread on a large baking sheet and roast until tender and cauliflower is slightly charred, about 20-25 minutes. Let cool and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a pot of salted boiling water, cook the orzo until al dente. Drain in colander, rinse under cold water, drain well, and toss with the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- In a large bowl, make the dressing. Whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, honey, mustard, salt, and pepper. Add the cooked orzo, roasted cauliflower, red onion, crumbled feta cheese, and dried cherries. Toss until well coated with the dressing. Add the spinach and toss one more time. Taste and season with more salt and pepper, if desired. Serve.