Two of my staples during pregnancy have been berries and Greek yogurt. When nothing else sounds good, I turn to them. They have been my lifesaver. To jazz things up a little bit, I made Roasted Strawberries with Greek Yogurt this week. Roasting the strawberries turned my normal snack into a snack fit for a queen.
I cut the strawberries in half tossed them with agave nectar and a little turbinado sugar. I placed them on a baking sheet and roasted them in the oven for about 30 minutes. While the strawberries were roasting I went back to bed to rest. I love how little work is involved for this delicious recipe:) I took the strawberries out when they were soft and the juices were bubbling. I let them cool to room temperature before adding them to my yogurt.
I spooned plain Greek yogurt into a fancy little dish and added the roasted strawberries on top. The strawberries were sweet, juicy, and the perfect topping for my yogurt. If you are looking for an easy way to spice up your Greek yogurt, try roasted strawberries. You can also use roasted strawberries as a topping for ice cream, pudding, cheesecake, crepes or even mix them in a salad. Get creative and enjoy roasted strawberries. They are delightful.
Roasted Strawberries with Greek Yogurt
- Cook Time
- 30 minutes
- 1 cup strawberries washed, hulled, and cut in half
- 2 teaspoons agave nectar or honey
- 1/2 teaspoon turbinado sugar
- 1 6 oz. serving Greek yogurt (I used Chobani plain 0% yogurt)
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
2. In a small bowl, toss strawberries, agave nectar, and turbinado sugar together. Make sure the strawberries are coated evenly.
3. Place strawberries on prepared baking sheet. Roast in the oven for about 30 minutes or until strawberries are soft and juicy.
4. Let the strawberries cool to room temperature. Spoon strawberries over Greek yogurt.
If you like Roasted Strawberries with Greek Yogurt, you might also like:
Roasted Plums with Greek Yogurt, Honey, and Almonds from Two Peas and Their Pod
Roasted Strawberries from Shutterbean
Balsamic Roasted Strawberries from Zoe Bakes
Roasted Strawberry and Creamy Ricotta Danishes from Baking Obsession