When we bought our house, one of the selling points was the plum tree along the fence. I knew we would enjoy eating ripe, juicy plums right off the tree every summer. So far, we have, but the tree has gone above and beyond our wildest dreams. It must really like us, because it keeps producing buckets and buckets of plums. To use up some of our plums, I made a special treat for breakfast, roasted plums with Greek yogurt, honey, and almonds. After one bite, I knew I would be making this plum recipe again.
I love oven roasting tomatoes, asparagus, winter vegetables, etc., so why not try roasting some of our never ending plums? I drizzled the plums with honey and sprinkled them with brown sugar and cinnamon. The oven did the rest of the work. I love the flavor roasting brings out in just about everything and I was not disappointed with roasted plums. The flavor was intense-sweet, tart, and juicy.
I spooned the roasted plums over a dish of creamy Greek yogurt. I added a dab of honey and chopped almonds to finish off my refreshing breakfast treat. The tender, shiny plums melted in my mouth and left me with a new love for my plum tree. A true celebration of summer.
Roasted Plums with Greek Yogurt, Honey, and Almonds
- 1 pound plumbs pitted and cut in half
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 24 ounces Greek yogurt
- Drizzle of honey
- Almonds chopped
- 1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- 2. In a medium bowl, combine plums, honey, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Stir well.
- 3. Pour plums onto the prepared baking sheet. Roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until plums are soft and juicy. Make sure you stir the plums at least once. Remove from oven and let cool.
- 4. Put yogurt into serving dishes or bowls. Top yogurt with roasted plums, a drizzle of honey, and almonds. Serve immediately.
- *Note-roasted plums are also good on frozen yogurt and ice cream.
If you like this roasted plum recipe, you might also like:
Roasted Plum & Creamy Chai Rice Pudding from Sweet Tartelette
Roasted Plums with Tarragon Ice Cream from Cannelle et Vanille
Sugar-Roasted Plums with Balsamic and Rosemary Syrup from Serious Eats