Roasted Sweet Potato Sandwich with Apples, Pesto, Kale, and Blue Cheese-this sandwich is layered with roasted sweet potatoes, apple slices, kale, pesto, and blue cheese. It is a fall favorite!
When I was in Boston, I had the most amazing sweet potato sandwich at Flour Bakery. I also tried the sticky bun and a few cookies, they were super tasty, but the sandwich was my favorite. If the sandwich beat out the cookies, you know it was good. I am usually all about the cookies:)
I have been thinking about that sandwich ever since I got home from my Boston trip. I was tempted to hop on a plane to Boston to get my fix, but plane tickets were pretty pricey…that would have been one expensive sandwich! Instead, I recreated the sandwich in my own kitchen and was successful. This Roasted Sweet Potato Sandwich with Apples, Pesto, Kale, and Blue Cheese is just as good as the original.
This sandwich is loaded with flavor. Let me give you a run down of what you can find inside of this glorious sandwich: roasted sweet potatoes, tart apple slices, kale, basil pesto, and crumbled blue cheese. All of these fabulous flavors are layered between two slices of hearty bread. YUM!!
I am so glad I don’t have to travel to Boston to enjoy this sandwich. I loved my time in Boston, but it is kind of far from Salt Lake City. Now, I can enjoy this Roasted Sweet Potato Sandwich with Apples, Pesto, Kale, and Blue Cheese at home, anytime I want….which will probably be a few times a week because I am obsessed! Make this sandwich and you will find out why! It is a winner!
Roasted Sweet Potato Sandwich with Apples, Pesto, Kale, and Blue Cheese
- 1 large sweet potato washed and cut into 1/4-inch thick rounds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 4 slices hearty bread
- 1/3 cup chopped kale
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto
- 1 Granny Smith apple cored and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Place the sweet potato rounds in a medium bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat. Place the sweet potatoes on a large baking sheet, in a single layer. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Bake until the rounds are browned and tender, 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- To assemble the sandwiches, lay two pieces of bread on the counter. First, add the kale. Top with sweet potato rounds. Drizzle the pesto over the sweet potatoes. Next, add the apple slices. Top with blue cheese and the second slice of bread. Cut in half, if desired, and serve!
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!