Salted Caramel Rice Krispies Treats-classic Rice Krispies treats made even better by adding salted caramel sauce and a sprinkling of sea salt!
The other day, I made my favorite salted caramel sauce because I bought a ton of apples from the market and wanted to dip them in caramel sauce. Well, I dipped, you dipped, we dipped until we were all dipped out and then I made Salted Caramel Rice Krispies Treats with the remaining caramel sauce. Best decision ever because these babies are amazing!
I have always been a lover of the classic rice krispie treat. They remind me of my childhood. We used to make them after school when we wanted something sweet. We would make a big sticky mess, but that was part of the fun!
I still enjoy a classic rice krispies treat, but Salted Caramel Rice Krispies Treats are AH-MAZING!
The salted caramel sauce adds something special to the mix. The treats are super soft, sweet, and have a slight salty kick. They are to die for!
The next time you are craving a treat, make my Salted Caramel Rice Krispies Treats. They are SO good and easy to make too! You only need five ingredients! I am glad they are so easy to make because the pan didn’t last long at our house. I need to make another pan ASAP!
Salted Caramel Rice Krispies Treats
- Prep Time
- 5 minutes
- Cook Time
- 5 minutes
- Total Time
- 10 minutes
- 16 squares
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 10 oz bag mini marshmallows
- 1/3 cup salted caramel sauce
- 6 1/2 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- Sea salt or fleur de sel for sprinkling on treats
- Spray a 9x9 pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large pot, melt butter, marshmallows, and salted caramel sauce over low heat, stirring occasionally. Once the mixture is melted, remove from heat and stir gently stir in the cereal.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and press in evenly. Sprinkle with sea salt or fleur de sel. Allow to cool completely before cutting into squares.
- Note-you can use a 9x13 pan, but I like my Rice Krispies treats thicker. Spray your hands with cooking spray and press the treats into the pan, this will help the mixture from sticking to your hands.
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!