Skillet Creamy Lemon Rosemary Chicken-this quick and easy one-skillet chicken dish is great for busy weeknights or easy entertaining.
Josh and I spend a lot of time in the kitchen together. We love cooking, baking, and even cleaning together. It is rare to find one of us in the kitchen alone. Sometimes, I have kick Josh out of the kitchen when I am baking cookies because he eats too much dough, but we usually make a good team:)
One of Josh’s favorite recipes to make is this easy Skillet Creamy Lemon Rosemary Chicken. It is one of his staples. I get out of the way when this chicken dish is on the menu. I don’t leave the kitchen, but I let Josh take control because this recipe is his specialty. I make the rice and veggies while Josh takes care of the chicken.
Josh loves this chicken dish because it is full of flavor and made in ONE skillet. It is so easy!
The chicken is cooked on the stove and finished off in the oven, so make sure you use an ovenproof skillet. Josh likes to use his favorite cast iron skillet.
The chicken comes out juicy and tender, every time and you will LOVE the simple creamy lemon rosemary sauce. It is so good you will want to lick your plate clean! Josh usually does, he claims it makes doing the dishes easier. I can’t complain because he does the dishes. Don’t worry, I make sure he sticks his clean plate in the dishwasher. He is not allowed to put it back in the cabinet just because he licked it clean..ha!
This easy one-skillet chicken recipe is great for busy weeknights or easy entertaining.You can have this chicken dish on the dinner table in a little over 30 minutes. We like to serve it with rice and roasted broccoli…that is always my contribution to the meal:)
Add this Skillet Creamy Lemon Rosemary Chicken to your dinner menu NOW! It really is a winner winner chicken dinner!
Skillet Creamy Lemon Rosemary Chicken
- Prep Time
- 10 minutes
- Cook Time
- 30 minutes
- Total Time
- 40 minutes
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
- Salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large lemons
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 of a yellow onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped rosemary
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter cubed
- Rice for serving optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place the chicken breasts on a cutting board and pound until they are the same size and thickness. You want the chicken breasts the same size so they will cook evenly. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a large ovenproof skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken breasts and cook for 4 minutes. Flip the chicken and cook for 4 more minutes. Remove the chicken from the skillet and place on a plate. Cover with foil and set aside. Note-the chicken should be browned, but not cooked all of the way. It will finish cooking in the oven.
- Turn off the stove, but leave the skillet on the stove. Zest one of the lemons. Add the lemon zest to the skillet. Juice the lemon and add the juice to the skillet. Stir in the broth, onion, garlic, and rosemary. Slice the remaining lemon and add the lemon slices to the skillet.
- Turn the stove to medium-high heat and cook, stirring the sauce to scrape up the browned bits from the bottom of the skillet. Bring the sauce to a boil. Gently boil for 8-10 minutes so the liquid can reduce to about 1/4 cup. Reduce heat to low and stir in the heavy cream and butter. Cook until the butter is melted, about 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken breasts back to the skillet. Place the skillet in the oven and bake uncovered until the chicken is completely cooked through, about 8-10 minutes.
- Remove skillet from the oven and serve chicken with sauce spooned on top. We like to serve the chicken and sauce with rice and roasted broccoli on the side.
- Note-the chicken will keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat in the microwave.