S’mores Ice Cream Pie-this easy ice cream pie is the perfect dessert for summertime! It has all of your favorite s’mores ingredients, but in an ice cream pie!
I have a new obsession, ice cream pies. I have always been obsessed with ice cream, but in pie form? It’s my new thing. Do I dare say that ice cream pies are better than plain old ice cream? Yes, I am saying it, way better. Two desserts in one, of course it is better!
This obsession started with my Twix Ice Cream Pie. I instantly fell in love and now I can’t stop. My latest ice cream pie creation is this S’mores Ice Cream Pie. Everyone loves s’mores and ice cream during the summer months, put them together, and you have dessert perfection!
Ok, let’s talk about this S’mores Ice Cream Pie. I took all of the traditional s’mores ingredients and put them into an ice cream pie.
First, I made a simple graham cracker pie crust with Annie’s Organic Honey Grahams. They are our favorite grahams and a must for summer s’mores…and S’mores Ice Cream Pie. You might not want to go back to the traditional s’mores after you taste my ice cream pie. Just saying:)
Next, I toasted mini marshmallows in the oven. Be careful with this step, the mallows will toast up really quickly. Don’t walk away from the oven or you might end up with black marshmallows and a fire! We don’t want that!
After the marshmallows are toasted and cooled, stir them into softened vanilla ice cream with chocolate bar chunks and graham cracker pieces.
Pour the ice cream mixture into the cooled graham cracker crust and freeze the pie!
When you are ready to serve the pie, top with additional mini marshmallows and use a culinary torch to toast the mallow on top! Again, be careful with this step, just toast the marshmallows lightly!
Cut the S’mores Ice Cream Pie into slices and enjoy! You can sit by a campfire and sing Kumbaya if you want or you can eat the pie inside. It is a good outdoor or indoor dessert! And the best part? It can be made in advance! If I was serving the pie to guests, I would probably wait to add the marshmallows on top until right before serving, BUT I kept our pie in the freezer for a week and it was just fine! The marshmallows didn’t get funky at all! I had a piece every day for a week, I was just doing some quality control testing. Sometimes my job is tough:) I promise you it will be good for a week in the freezer!
Are you ready for a piece of S’mores Ice Cream Pie? I scream, you scream, we ALL scream for S’mores Ice Cream Pie!
And July is National Ice Cream Month and Sunday, July 19th, is National Ice Cream Day so it is time to get our ice cream on! Make this S’mores Ice Cream Pie to celebrate. And I think you can have two pieces of pie on Sunday, since it is ice cream month AND day! You HAVE to celebrate twice:) Enjoy!
S'mores Ice Cream Pie
- Prep Time
- 15 minutes
- Cook Time
- 10 minutes
For the Graham Cracker Pie Crust:
- 1 1/2 cups Annie's Honey Graham Cracker crumbs about 10 full sheet graham crackers
- 6 Tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
For the Ice Cream Pie:
- 3/4 cup mini marshmallows
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream softened
- 1 cup chopped chocolate bars
- 1/2 cup chopped Annie's Honey Graham Crackers
Toasted Marshmallow Topping:
- 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and sugar. Mix until combined. Press the mixture into a 9-inch pie pan. Make sure the crust goes up the sides of the pie pan. I like to use the bottom of a measuring cup to press the mixture into the pan. Bake the pie crust for 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven and let the crust cool completely on a wire cooling rack.
- While the crust is cooling, place the 3/4 cup of mini marshmallows on a baking sheet that has been lined with a Silpat baking mat. Turn the oven on broil. Place the pan under the broiler and broil for 2 minutes or until the marshmallows are slightly toasted. Make sure you watch the marshmallows closely, it won't take them long to toast. Remove marshmallows from oven and let cool. When cool, carefully remove the marshmallows. They will be sticky, but should peel back from the Silpat. You can use a spatula or your hands.
- In a large bowl, combine the softened vanilla ice cream, chopped chocolate, chopped graham crackers, toasted mini marshmallows. Stir until well combined. Pour ice cream into graham cracker pie crust. Smooth with a spatula. Freeze the pie for 3 hours or until the pie is completely solid.
- When ready to serve, top the S'mores Ice Cream pie with the remaining mini marshmallows. Use a culinary or chef's torch to toast the tops of the marshmallows. Do this carefully. The marshmallows will toast quickly. You want to just barely toast them.
- Cut the pie into slices and serve! Enjoy!
- Note-to make the graham cracker crumbs, use a food processor or put the graham crackers in a Ziploc bag and smash with a rolling pin. The pie will keep in the freezer, covered with plastic wrap, for one week.
Disclosure-this post is in partnership with Annie’s, but our opinions are our own. Thank you for supporting the brands that continue to make Two Peas and Their Pod possible.