Spinach Artichoke Pesto Tortellini Soup-this hearty vegetarian soup is full of flavor and perfect for a chilly day!
Do you know what makes me happy? Slippers, a warm cozy sweater, and a big pot of soup on a chilly fall day. I love soup weather! There is nothing better than warming up with a bowl of homemade soup. Ok, a crackling fire would help, but we don’t have a fireplace so a candle will have to do for now:)
I am currently loving this Spinach Artichoke Pesto Tortellini Soup. It has all of my favorite ingredients in one big pot! The green color makes me happy too:)
We love making tortellini soups. Our Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup and Italian Sausage Tortellini Soup are two of our most popular recipes on our site so I guess you guys like tortellini soup too! Yay! Glad we are all on the same page here.
I think you will like this Spinach Artichoke Pesto Tortellini Soup too because it is loaded with flavor and is super easy to make.
I used spinach, artichokes, white beans, and cheese tortellini to make the soup. I also stirred in basil pesto which makes the soup even better. I used our favorite Spinach Basil Pesto recipe, but you can use store bought pesto if you are short on time. We have a ton of Spinach Basil Pesto in our freezer so I just pulled out a container for this soup. I love having a stocked freezer!
We ate this Spinach Artichoke Pesto Tortellini Soup for dinner and enjoyed leftovers the next day for lunch…another reason I love a big pot of soup. It usually lasts longer than just one meal which means less cooking for me and with a newborn and toddler, that is a very good thing:)
Embrace soup season and make Spinach Artichoke Pesto Tortellini Soup. It’s a good one!
Spinach Artichoke Pesto Tortellini Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 12 oz frozen artichoke hearts
- 64 oz vegetable broth
- 2 14 oz cans cannellini or Great Northern white beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups cheese tortellini refrigerated or frozen
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup basil pesto
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Grated Parmesan cheese for serving, optional
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in the artichoke hearts and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the vegetable broth, beans, tortellini, and spinach leaves. Cook until tortellini is soft, about 7 minutes.
- Stir in the basil pesto and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Serve warm with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
- Note-you can also use jarred or canned artichoke hearts, just drain before using.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod