Caleb has decided he doesn’t need to nap anymore. Ok, I will give him a little credit, he usually falls asleep for 20-30 minutes, but then he is wide awake and ready to play. I admire his energy, but it makes it difficult for mama to get things done. My work and personal time are very limited these days…and that includes my lunch time. I try to keep my lunches simple because I never know how much time I will have to cook or eat. This Spinach Quinoa Salad with Roasted Grapes, Pears, & Almonds is a new staple lunch for me. It is healthy, easy to make, and satisfying.
I fell in love with roasted grapes when I made this Roasted Grape, Blue Cheese, & Honey Crostini during the holidays. They are so good and I loved them in this salad. To make the salad, I roasted a pan of grapes and pears that I drizzled with honey. While the fruit was roasting, I cooked up some quinoa to add some hearty substance and protein to the salad. I also chopped up some almonds for a little protein, crunch, and heart healthy fat. I combined all of the ingredients in a pretty little bowl and whisked together a simple Lemon-Honey salad dressing to finish off my salad. It was the perfect lunch and I managed to make and eat most of it while Caleb was sleeping, he sat on my lap for the last few bites:)
I made enough salad so I would have leftovers and this salad was just as tasty the next day. Every day is an adventure with our little guy, but that is all part of the fun. He keeps me going and I love our time together. I do appreciate the days when I can sit down and enjoy a Spinach Quinoa Salad with Roasted Grapes, Pears, & Almonds. I need the nourishment to keep up with our sweet pea. He is a little Energizer bunny:)
Spinach Quinoa Salad with Roasted Grapes, Pears, & Almonds
- 2 cups red seedless grapes
- 2 large Bartlett pears chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 cups water
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup quinoa rinsed and drained
- 8 cups fresh spinach
- ½ cup chopped almonds
- For the Lemon-Honey Dressing:
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 ½ teaspoons honey
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Combine grapes and pears in a small bowl. Drizzle with honey and stir until fruit is well coated. Place fruit on a large greased baking sheet. Roast fruit for 15-20 minutes, or until grapes are slightly shriveled and pears are soft.
- 2. While the fruit is roasting, cook the quinoa. In a large pot, bring 2 cups water to a boil. Season water with a pinch of sea salt. Stir in quinoa and cook until water is evaporated and quinoa is tender, about 20 minutes. Pour quinoa into a medium bowl and fluff with a fork. Let cool to room temperature.
- 3. To make the Lemon-Honey Dressing: combine olive oil, lemon juice, honey, salt, and pepper in a small jar with a tight-fitting lid, close, and shake until well combined.
- 4. In a salad bowl, combine spinach, roasted grapes, pears, quinoa, and chopped almonds. Drizzle salad dressing over salad and toss until coated.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
If you like this Spinach Quinoa Salad with Roasted Grapes, Pears, & Almonds, you might also like:
- Apple Spinach Salad with Maple Pomegranate Vinaigrette from Multiply Delicious
- Quinoa Salad with Spinach, Parsley, and Spring Onions from Make and Takes
- Pomegranate Quinoa Salad from Cookie and Kate
- Black Quinoa Salad with Mango, Avocado, & Tomatoes from Two Peas and Their Pod