Tomorrow is the big day! Is everyone ready? I sure hope so. We are still without plans, but don’t worry about us, we are excited to have a relaxing day. I am sure we will cook up something tasty, it just won’t be the traditional feast.
If you need a last minute salad idea, I have a great one to share. I made this Spinach Salad with Oranges, Pomegranate, and Almonds for our Thanksgiving meal and it went over really well. I bought a big tub of fresh spinach from Costco. I added orange slices, pomegranate arils, and almonds. For the dressing, I whisked together olive oil, POM juice, red wine vinegar, fresh orange juice, a little agave, salt, and pepper.
The salad was gorgeous! I love the color the pomegranate and orange slices add. The almonds provided a nice little crunch too. The dressing was light and added just enough sweetness to the mix. Wow your family and friends with this salad tomorrow!
Have a very happy and safe Thanksgiving!
Spinach Salad with Oranges, Pomegranate, and Almonds
- Fresh spinach I use the fresh spinach from Costco
- 2 oranges peeled and sliced
- 1 pomegranate peeled and seeded
- 1/2 cup POM juice
- 1 T red wine vinegar
- Juice of one orange
- 2 T agave nectar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper-to taste
- 1. Add fresh spinach to a large salad bowl. Add the oranges, pomegranate arils, and almonds.
- 2. To make the dressing-in a small bowl add the POM juice, vinegar, orange juice, and agave nectar. Whisk in the olive oil. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 3. Toss the salad with the dressing and serve.