Tomorrow is the big day! Is everyone ready? I sure hope so. We are still without plans, but don’t worry about us, we are excited to have a relaxing day. I am sure we will cook up something tasty, it just won’t be the traditional feast.
If you need a last minute salad idea, I have a great one to share. I made this Spinach Salad with Oranges, Pomegranate, and Almonds for our Thanksgiving meal and it went over really well. I bought a big tub of fresh spinach from Costco. I added orange slices, pomegranate arils, and almonds. For the dressing, I whisked together olive oil, POM juice, red wine vinegar, fresh orange juice, a little agave, salt, and pepper.
The salad was gorgeous! I love the color the pomegranate and orange slices add. The almonds provided a nice little crunch too. The dressing was light and added just enough sweetness to the mix. Wow your family and friends with this salad tomorrow!
Have a very happy and safe Thanksgiving!
Spinach Salad with Oranges, Pomegranate, and Almonds
- Fresh spinach I use the fresh spinach from Costco
- 2 oranges peeled and sliced
- 1 pomegranate peeled and seeded
- 1/2 cup POM juice
- 1 T red wine vinegar
- Juice of one orange
- 2 T agave nectar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper-to taste
1. Add fresh spinach to a large salad bowl. Add the oranges, pomegranate arils, and almonds.
2. To make the dressing-in a small bowl add the POM juice, vinegar, orange juice, and agave nectar. Whisk in the olive oil. Add salt and pepper to taste.
3. Toss the salad with the dressing and serve.