I am still on my strawberry kick. If we run out it it is a very sad day so we try to keep our refrigerator stocked with strawberries at all times. I used some of my precious strawberries to create Strawberry Nutella Muffins. Last year, I made Pumpkin Nutella Bread and fell in love, so I thought I would try adding Nutella to my strawberry muffins. These muffins are out of this world. There really are no words to describe their deliciousness.
Strawberries and Nutella are a match made in heaven. I may have dipped a few strawberries in the Nutella jar while making these muffins. I needed a pre-muffin snack. Don’t judge-I am pregnant:)
I chopped up fresh strawberries and gently folded them into my muffin batter. I filled half of the muffin cups with strawberry batter and then added a spoonful of Nutella. I covered the Nutella with the remaining batter and sprinkled the muffins with turbinado sugar.
I had a hard time taking photos of these muffins. I was too anxious to taste them. Finally, I unwrapped a muffin and took a big bite. Pure joy! These strawberry Nutella muffins are almost too good to be true.
The muffins are tender with juicy strawberry pieces that are surrounded by rich Nutella. I also love the sugary muffin tops. They are pretty and add a nice sweet crunch.
So, should you make these muffins for breakfast or dessert? It’s up to you. I think they are good anytime of the day. Just promise me you will make these Strawberry Nutella Muffins. They are too good not to share!
Strawberry Nutella Muffins
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 large egg
- ⅓ cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- ⅓ cup Nutella
- Turbinado sugar for sprinkling on top of muffins
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin tin with paper liners or grease well. Set aside.
- 2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine canola oil, egg, buttermilk, and vanilla together. Use a fork or whisk and mix until well combined.
- 5. Incorporate the wet ingredients into flour mixture. Add slowly and gently stir, you don’t want to over mix. The batter will be thick. Carefully fold in the strawberries.
- 6. Fill each muffin cup half way with batter. Next, add a small spoonful of Nutella to each muffin cup. Cover the Nutella filling with the remaining batter. Sprinkle each muffin with turbinado sugar.
- 7. Bake muffins for 17-20 minutes, or until muffins are golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean. Remove the muffins from the pan and let cool on a cooling rack.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
If you like these Strawberry Nutella Muffins, you might also like: