I am still on my strawberry kick. If we run out it it is a very sad day so we try to keep our refrigerator stocked with strawberries at all times. I used some of my precious strawberries to create Strawberry Nutella Muffins. Last year, I made Pumpkin Nutella Bread and fell in love, so I thought I would try adding Nutella to my strawberry muffins. These muffins are out of this world. There really are no words to describe their deliciousness.
Strawberries and Nutella are a match made in heaven. I may have dipped a few strawberries in the Nutella jar while making these muffins. I needed a pre-muffin snack. Don’t judge-I am pregnant:)
I chopped up fresh strawberries and gently folded them into my muffin batter. I filled half of the muffin cups with strawberry batter and then added a spoonful of Nutella. I covered the Nutella with the remaining batter and sprinkled the muffins with turbinado sugar.
I had a hard time taking photos of these muffins. I was too anxious to taste them. Finally, I unwrapped a muffin and took a big bite. Pure joy! These strawberry Nutella muffins are almost too good to be true.
The muffins are tender with juicy strawberry pieces that are surrounded by rich Nutella. I also love the sugary muffin tops. They are pretty and add a nice sweet crunch.
So, should you make these muffins for breakfast or dessert? It’s up to you. I think they are good anytime of the day. Just promise me you will make these Strawberry Nutella Muffins. They are too good not to share!
Strawberry Nutella Muffins
Strawberry Nutella muffins made with fresh strawberries and filled with Nutella. These muffins are great for breakfast or dessert.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 1/3 cup Nutella
- Turbinado sugar for sprinkling on top of muffins
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin tin with paper liners or grease well. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar.
3. In a small bowl, combine canola oil, egg, buttermilk, and vanilla together. Use a fork or whisk and mix until well combined.
5. Incorporate the wet ingredients into flour mixture. Add slowly and gently stir, you don’t want to over mix. The batter will be thick. Carefully fold in the strawberries.
6. Fill each muffin cup half way with batter. Next, add a small spoonful of Nutella to each muffin cup. Cover the Nutella filling with the remaining batter. Sprinkle each muffin with turbinado sugar.
7. Bake muffins for 17-20 minutes, or until muffins are golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean. Remove the muffins from the pan and let cool on a cooling rack.
If you like these Strawberry Nutella Muffins, you might also like: