1. Those of you who know me know my favorite vehicle is a van. Well, I would take this over a van any day.
2. Caleb and I took a quick trip to Crater Lake, Oregon. This place should be on everyone’s bucket’s list of places to visit. It is unbelievably beautiful!
3. We also visited a fish hatchery where we saw some huge salmon swimming up stream to spawn. It was really neat and Caleb enjoyed watching the fish.
1. We started a new tradition in our house. Every Sunday we have chips and salsa for lunch. Josh has been switching up the salsas every week-mango salsa, restaurant style salsa, and peach salsa. Sometimes he goes all out and makes guacamole. I wonder what salsa he will make this Sunday! It may not be the healthiest lunch, but it’s only once a week and it is tradition:)
2. My dad is visiting this week so we are having all kinds of fun! Caleb loves having Papa in town.
3. Grab a glass of milk and make these cookies. Jenna shared one with me in Oregon and they are the real deal folks! You have to make them!
4. I pulled a muscle running about 4 weeks ago. I have been resting…only walking and doing the elliptical. I was feeling better so on Monday I went running. My body got MAD at me. I guess I’m still not healed. I am not a patient person, especially when it comes to exercise. I like to be able to MOVE! So body, you better be listening, I NEED you to heal ASAP!
5. It’s back to school time! I always brought my lunch to school when I was a kiddo. Every year I got to pick out a new lunchbox…well, except the one year my dad brought home a Ghostbusters lunchbox for me. I was devastated and cried all night. I couldn’t show up to school with a Ghostbusters lunchbox in 3rd grade. I peeled off the Ghostbusters sticker and covered it with Lisa Frank stickers. Whew! I was saved. Are you going to pack lunches for your kids this year? Not sure how to pack a lunch? Check out Marla’s post. And if you need ideas on what to pack, Weelicious has some fabulous healthy lunch box ideas and recipes.
6. And don’t forget to add a special note to your kid’s lunchbox! Love these Free Printable School Lunch Notes. And these Lunchbox Love Notes are super cute too!
I also had a brown paper bag for my lunches. I am not sure I would have traded those in for a Ghostbuster box.
I totally want to drive the wiener mobile! That would be so cool!!!
I remember when my mom got me a Barbie watch with blue wrist band – I didn’t like it at all. She returned it and got the plain black watch that I really wanted. Haven’t thought about that in a long time…….
What a beautiful spot! Chips & salsa? What an AWESOME tradition. I’m in 🙂 Oh no…hope you get better fast …you know I”m impatient too!!
Maria, I loved you mentioning bringing lunches to school- I went to a private school that didn’t have a cafeteria for 9 years so we brought ours every day. My mom would pack something special for me and my siblings every day and she would include a special little note almost every day. I actually cried the one time that it wasn’t in there!! You made me nostalgic…I miss those days and the Lisa Frank stickers too!! 🙂 Thanks Maria!
Love the salsa tradition!
The second that car goes for sale… you better buy it or I will! How awesome would that be?! And your family is precious, Maria. I’m jealous of all your wonderful family trips and adventures!
I LOVED Crater Lake when I went. I’d definitely love to go back again some day.
What type of baby carrier is that? It looks perfect!!
Crater lake looks amazing! As does that vehicle. Lol.
Maria, I hope your body listens to you! 🙂
Crater Lake looks so beautiful – not as cute as that baby. he is adorable. Salsa on Sunday’s – catchy huh. fun idea!
pulled muscles are seriously the worst…keep resting though, it’ll be worth it when you get back and are all healed up!
Your son is adorable!!! 🙂 and thanks for the lunch box ideas!
Awesome that you guys got to go Oregon!! Such a sweet photo of Josh and Caleb. Thanks for linking to my LunchBox Love Notes 🙂
Love the pic of Kaleb with Josh…..he looks like he’s holding on for dear life. 😉 I agree with you on tradition…..they must be followed. I have heard so many raves over Jenna’s cookies. These will be made this weekend! Thanks for the lunch note idea and printable link!
Oh my gosh, what a gorgeous photo of Crater Lake!! Can’t wait to go there soon!! 🙂 xoxo
Too bad we weren’t in school together. I could have traded your lunchbox with you. I would have loved the Ghostbusters.
THANK YOU for linking to my free printable school lunch notes!! It’s so exciting to be featured on your blog, even in a small way : )
So sad that school lunch in this country is poison for the kids. I wish i could do something about it. I grew up in Sweden where we had awesome lunches, salad bars, Wasa bread, milk, pate, cheeses etc. etc. all kinds of good stuff. I used to love our lunches. I make my lunch here every day anyways when i go to work, and happy to do so for my little one. I am just sad that nobody cares about the kids lunches here. . . .
Crater Lake looks amazing…the Red Sox hat makes it even more beautiful (too bad their season isn’t quite so beautfil!!) …I have just started running again after taking a few weeks off after running a half, my legs were in total shock! Hope you’re feeling better soon!! Love, love, love your site…so glad I stumbled on it!
Gorgeous pictures! thanks for sharing! … Enjoy the time with your dad… and I hope you are all better soon! 😉
I think I’ll be sending the printable notes with my daughters lunch when schools starts in 2 weeks! Great idea, she’ll love it..
That’s so neat that you saw the oscar meyer vehicle! And I’m so sorry you are injured! I hope it gets better super quickly. I know how frustrating it is to have an injury and want to get back to working out the way you love to.
I jumped in Crater Lake this summer! What an amazing place! I’m afraid if you didn’t jump in, you’re going to have to go back. Seriously!