1. My brother Ben recently introduced us to this video. Caleb goes nuts when we turn it on. He dances and nods his head. There is a longer version that explains how they wrote the lyrics. It’s pretty funny. I wish everyone could see Caleb dance to this. He is not down with being videoed while dancing and I don’t blame him.
2. We had a big let down last week with Ute football. We lost our quarterback to another shoulder injury. Thanks Jordan Wynn for four years of hard work and dedication to Ute football.
3. The new iphone 5 was announced yesterday. When it comes to technology I am a total geek. I love technology and gadgets! To me, the iPhone is the best gadget I have ever had. Maria is in need of an upgrade and I am excited to get her the iPhone 5.
1. Let’s talk TV for a second. We don’t watch a ton of TV, but I do have my guilty pleasures. In high school, it was Dawson’s Creek, in college I got hooked on the Bachelor and Grey’s with my roommates, and then I fell in love with Tim Riggins, oops, I mean Friday Night Lights. My current favorite show is Parenthood. The season premiere was on Tuesday and I am so happy it is back! It is going to be a great season. Make sure you tune in!
2. Since we are on the topic of TV…I NEED this t-shirt!
3. I want to marry these Sweet Potato Burgers. Don’t tell Josh:)
4. We recently watched the Hunger Games and I don’t get it? I didn’t read the books, so I guess that is where I went wrong, but really? I didn’t like the movie at all. Josh enjoyed it, but it was a snoozer for me. I had such high hopes and they were crushed.
5. I am currently reading Catherine’s new cookbook, Weelicious! I am loving every page and recipe. It is filled with healthy kid friendly recipes. There is a whole chapter dedicated to baby purees. I made Caleb the Roast Pear and Banana Puree and he loved it. I can’t wait until Caleb is older to try all of Catherine’s delicious and healthy recipes. You can pre-oder Weelicious now-it comes out on the 18th.
6. Love Amanda’s tutorial on how to see if your photos are being used on another site.
7. Pumpkin Oatmeal Pies-I need these in my life. Like yesterday! I am so excited for pumpkin everything. Make sure you check out our 50 Pumpkin Recipes post! Bring on the pumpkin!
8. We are headed to Oregon tomorrow for a fun filled vacation! Make sure you follow us on Instagram and Twitter for all of our travel updates. And if you have any last minute Oregon suggestions for us-places to eat or things to see, let us know. We are starting in Bend, visiting the coast-Newport to Astoria, and finishing in Portland! We are excited! And don’t worry, I planned ahead and made you some delicious recipes for next week so make sure you tune in!
I totally agree . . . Bring on the pumpkin from sweets to soups! I’m excited to start on one of the recipes off of your wonderful 50 pumpkin recipes post. And safe travels on your vacation . . . be sure to visit the rise garden when in Portland.
I saw those sweet potato burgers too and I must make them!!! Have fun in Oregon!!!!
What a super fun post! I love this (and that, haha).
Have fun in Oregon, we do a lot of traveling and that is one place I have been dying to go to. Portland seems pretty amazing!
you should read hunger games…the books are much better, and the movies leave out A LOT of backstory!
I agree with Elizabeth @ Food Ramblings. The Hunger Games books are SO SO SO much better than the movie and it makes the movie a lot easier to understand, since they left out a LOT of the back story.
Totes dig on all the this’s and thats!
Wait, thises? This’?
Have fun in Oregon!!
Hoping the weather is wonderful for you while you’re here! We live in Portland, but my husband grew up in Astoria. Such a fun place. (check out Finn Ware if you’re in the mood for some shopping in Astoria. Super cute stuff!)
Definitely need to read the Hunger Games to fully “get it”. I read it a zillion times before I saw the movie, and had to explain a lot to my husband.
Also…yes. Pumpkin Oatmeal Pies sound amazing!!
Well, the only place I can recommend is Voodoo Doughnuts. Not only can you get some pretty fantastic doughnuts, but you can also renew your wedding vows if you like. Have a great trip!
Blossoming Lotus in Portland… really good vegan food! I was so impressed by the “live” nachos that was made with different nuts. Also super in love with the soy curls (barbeque flavored tofu curls)… really amazing food with gorgeous presentation! Of course, the food trucks! It’s not a Portland visit if you don’t stop at the food trucks.
Katniss in the movie didn’t have much of a character… that really disappointed me too. I have to say the scenery was great, the Captiol looked amazing!
P.S. If you’re interested, go see the Goonies house in Astoria, and please please please visit Cannon Beach, I guarantee YOU WILL LOVE IT! 🙂
Yay!! Can’t wait to see you!!
Oh man, I seriously want to try all 50 of those pumpkin recipes..bring on the fall!
I live in Oregon! I think I’ve mentioned that and we’ll be in Bend on Saturday and staying in Sunriver for the week. If your in Bend for a few days, you should travel the 15 miles or so outside of it and visit Sunriver. It is so beautiful, with horse back riding, tons of bike paths, swimming, shopping, and gorgeous views. And if you go to Sunriver, you have to check out Goodies candy store and the Hot Lava Baking Company! Seriously, some of the best stuff ever comes out of those two stores. I’m a sucker for the Seafoam at Goodies!
Thanks so much! I hope we can make it to Sunriver!
I love that you love the Tim Riggins t-shirt (aka “Taylor Kitsch”)…my husband & Taylor used to film “Friday Night Lights” together so we would hang out with Taylor (Tim Riggins), Gaius (Smash) & Scott (Jason Street) all the time. Really great guys…and fantastic TV show 😉
In Bend, Goody’s for ice cream is a must! http://goodyschocolates.com/
Pacific Way Bakery & Cafe in Gearhart, OR (just North of Seaside) is great! You have to get to the bakery early if you want a chocolate croissant but everything is great, and don’t worry if the line is out the door, they know how to move people through quickly! http://www.pacificwaybakery-cafe.com/Pacific_Way_Bakery_%26_Cafe/Hours.html
If you’re into antique shops then Romancing the Home and Yankee Trader are also in Gearhart and worth checking out! Romancing the Home is right there on the corner of Pacific way where you turn left off 101 to get to the bakery. Yankee Trader is just a little farther North on 101, on the right.
Baked Alaska in Astoria is yummy for lunch or dinner and it’s got a nice view, http://bakedak.com/. As far as antiques go, you should check out Vintage Hardware.
Not trying to plug my blog but I did just post about most of these places 🙂
Hope you guys have a great time, Oregon is especially beautiful this time of year and the weather is supposed to stay pretty nice for the next week! I’m assuming you’ll end up at Feast PDX? Depending on our work schedules we’re going to try and hit up an event or two – if I see you I’ll introduce myself 🙂
Thank you SO much! I can’t wait to check out these places!! Looked at your blog:) I’m excited!
First of all, I’m watching parenthood as we speak. Love. Anything sweet potato related is going in my cookbook. And Oregon is one of our favorite destinations. Have a blast!
Ooh, must make those sweet potato burgers!
I have no desire to read or see The Hunger Games. I find it a little shocking that
the game is all about murder and it’s all the teenage craze. My 14 yo has read it
and my 11 yo, too. They like it, but we won’t let them watch the movie. My husband
watched it and didn’t like it or the message–especially for youth.
Yes, bring on the pumpkin!
Oh, and Go Cougars this Saturday! 😉
Have fun in Oregon, you guys!!! 😀 Document all the hispters you see! Also, now the Feel Inside (and stuff like that) song is definitely stuck in my head… haha!
Um yeah.. that shirt needs to happen in my life.
I remembered two places in Bend that we really enjoyed… breakfast at Chow (http://chowbend.com/), and we also had dinner at Tart Bistro but I just found out they closed 🙁
And, just had to tell you that I think it’s because of this post that I had a dream about Taylor Kitsch last night, LOL! There were some female fans in his apt that wouldn’t leave so I kicked them out and then spent the evening with him… nothing kinky… I helped him organized his place haha! He was hoarding calendars and binders of orders from the place I work. 😀
Flight of the Conchords is soooooo great! Love them!
I need an upgrade too and ordered the iPhone 5 right when it was available for pre-order last night (before they sold out)…And I still won’t get it until October 4th!
I’ve only been to places closer to the California side of where you’re going, but have fun in Oregon- it’s so beautiful!
You mentiond two of my favorite things in this post. First, I LOVE Parenthood. It is such an amazing show! I have not watched the season premiere yet, but will soon.
The second was Hunger Games. The movie was good, but the book was amazing. I highly recommend that you read the book before making your final decision on the movie. The book is always better in my opinion and I loved this book.
Have a great weekend.
Go the Kiwi’s!! Thank you for the link to the Conchord’s song and video…I grew up listening to all of the singers in that video. Now we have our own Band Aid legendary song!
to Hers: right there with ya on the Hunger Games…bonus daughter hated the books but LOVED the movie. Other than a catchy catch phrase, I got nothing out of it. Now when Diana Gabaldon’s new book comes out….leave me alone for 3 days!