1. This deer video is crazy!
2. I am still trying to get Maria an iPhone 5, but they are hard to come by. Hopefully, the Salt Lake City Apple stores will get a shipment in soon. Maria isn’t the most patient person:)
3. I recently activated my Utah real estate license. I am not quitting my job or the blog, it is just something we have decided to do on the side. We will see how that goes.
4. Favorite Caleb photo of the week.
1. Hello, friends. It’s been awhile since we’ve chatted. We were on the road in Oregon for 10 days and last week we were busy catching up and with Caleb’s birthday, so we took a little time off from This and That. We are glad to be back!
2. So my camera broke last week…right before Caleb’s birthday:( Talk about bad timing. Something is wrong with the card reader so we had to ship it off to the shop for at least 3 weeks. I feel so lost without my camera. I have my old Rebel, but it just isn’t the same. Hurry up and get better camera. I really miss you!
3. Maybe I should make a batch of these bright colored cookies! They are sure to cheer anyone up.
4. We drove up Big Cottonwood Canyon this week to look at the fall colors. I love fall in Utah.
5. Who is watching Parenthood? I think the show has a secret deal with Kleenex. Every episode has been a tear jerker! It’s such a good show, but make sure you have the tissues ready!
6. PotAto, PotOto-however you say it, make these potatoes!
7. Yesterday I went on a little field trip with the Utah Dairy Council. We visited Heber Valley Artisan Cheese Farm. We took a tour of the farm and tasted the most amazing cheese. We also went to lunch at Tarahumara in Midway. If you are ever in the area, make sure you go there for a tasty meal. Best salsa bar ever! Thanks Utah Dairy Council for a fun and informative day!
8. I got two cookbooks in the mail this week that I am REALLY excited about: Decorating Cookies by Bridget Edwards and Keys to the Kitchen by Aida Mollenkamp. Congrats friends!
9. I want to make a big pot of this Butternut Squash Chili. Perfect for the cooler temps!
10. October is National Cookie Month. Whoever invented this month, thank you. I love you! Everyday on Facebook, we are featuring a cookie recipe. Make sure you are following. And don’t forget about our cookbook, Cookie Cravings! There are 30 cookie recipes to meet all of your cookie cravings:)
How cute is that baby cow!
Having a real estate license is a great idea. You never know when you want to change things up or pursue another business endeavor. Smart!
I’ve eaten at Tarahumara in Midway – love their salsa bar! Mmmm, now I really want to go back…
I think making some cookies is a good thing!!! I didn’t know it was national cookie month!
My cousin just got married this summer at Big Cottonwood Canyon…it’s one of the most beautiful places ever in the summer and that shot you took is stunning too!!
Parenthood is a favorite around here!!! This is kind of funny…but my mom’s manicurist/pedicurist is Christina’s [can’t remember her real name] SISTER. Pretty random! Sorry about the camera. I had to send a lens in and it drove me nuts to not have it for 2 weeks!
Happy Thursday to you too Maria, Josh and Caleb!
I can’t get over how fast Caleb is growing.
He’s a darlin’
Have a Joyful Day :~D
Parenthood is one of my FAVORITE shows! I cry every week. I actually managed to get through this week’s episode without crying, though, but then they showed the preview for next week and there came the tears! Definitely some sort of tissue partnership/collaboration. 😉
Oh my goodness about your camera!! 🙁 Caleb is getting so big and I can’t wait to see him next week!! Hopefully, Maria, you’ll have an iPhone 5 in hand when I see you? I preordered mine online and it’s supposed to come in a couple of weeks…we’ll see.
I just got my real estate license here in Austin, Tx and can’t wait to do it on the side as well. My mom has been in the business for 5 years, so I’m going to be helping her and eventually going full time with it! GOOD LUCK 🙂 If I hear of anyone moving to Utah, I’ll send you an email!
Obsessed with Parenthood. SO good and SO many tissues!
I’m hoping to get the iPhone 5 ASAP, too 🙂
My hubby and I are hooked on Parenthood as well! It makes us laugh more than cry, but it’s awesome.
I ordered the iPhone 5 online the night pre-orders started and got mine last week! I absolutely LOVE it!
Those potatoes, and the butternut squash chili sound so good. I’m totally ready for potatoes, yams, sweet potatoes, squash, pumpkin…. yum!
i’ve cried every week in Parenthood so far!!!
Ugh Im so sorry about your camera! I hope it gets fixed really soon!!! And what a sweet photo of Caleb! <3
Good luck with the real estate venture!
Thank you so much for the shout-out on the butternut chili, Maria! Hope you get a chance to try it soon. Aida’s new book sounds right up my alley, I’m off to go check it out!