1. My brother and his awesome family came to visit us from California. On Saturday, we went to the Utah Dairy Council’s farm day. It was a lot of fun. Caleb wasn’t afraid of the ducks. He loves all animals.
2. Caleb loves helping feed the chicks, mostly because he gets to chase them.
3. We bought a year pass to Tracy Aviary in Salt Lake City. There are so many cool birds. I love going with my bud.
4. I’ve been doing a lot of yard work with my brother this week. Our yard is shaping up nicely. I will share some of my projects soon.
1. We have a cookie thief in our kitchen! I was trying to take pictures of a new cookie creation and Caleb snuck in for the kill. I can’t blame him though, it is hard for me to wait too!
2. Tomorrow is our 5 year anniversary! I hope Josh is reading this so he remembers, just kidding, I know he remembers:) Here is a photo of us on our wedding day. It’s crazy how fast the time flies! Thanks Josh for being a wonderful husband, father, and friend. I am one lucky lady!
3. I am going to be eating this salad all summer long. It is so simple and so refreshing!
4. It’s hot in Utah so I’ve been getting in my runs early to beat the heat. Love this photo of the sky. Makes running at 6:00 a.m. so worth it.
5. This is a perfect meal.
6. What books are on your summer reading list? I am looking for a good book to get into.
7. Our roses are in full bloom! I love cutting fresh roses for our table every day. I am in rose heaven!
8. Father’s Day is on Sunday, and Caleb and I will be making Josh this cake. He loves all things lime so it is the perfect way to celebrate!
9. We are hosting an outdoor dinner party on Saturday. Josh has the outdoor lights hung, now we just have to get cooking! It will be the first of many parties on our patio this season.
Fresh roses, that gorgeous blue sky, your anniversary, adorable Caleb – love this post! Happy anniversary!
That little thief! Though I’ve been known to snitch a cookie or two in my day too… 😉
Happy Anniversary!! Your wedding photo is beautiful!
You guys were gorgeous back then, and are gorgeous now! Happy Anniversary 🙂
Happy Anniversary Maria & Josh!!! Maria, that cookie looks very yummy…are you sharing it with us soon?? Thanks for all you do!
Just as the flowers enjoy the rain, I too enjoy reading your blogs & copying down your recipes & such.
It is said that one will know a virtuous woman by her actions & attitude….
Josh is a Blessed man for having such a virtuous wife.
TY for sharing Madame.
Look at Caleb’s squat form in that first picture! Get that kid into the gym ASAP 🙂 Happy anniversary to you both!
Happy anniversary! That’s a beautiful wedding dress, Maria. I love the photo of the blue sky! It’s so nice to see. I can’t believe you have such gorgeous roses in your garden! You definitely have a green thumb. Nice job! I really enjoy your ‘This and That’ posts. They’re so fun.
Happy anniversary! Hope you guys have a fun day!
Happy Anniversary! Our family is gathering for the wedding of our son this weekend.
Your little guy is so adorable! Happy anniversary to both of you. Your wedding photo is beautiful, BTW.
I’m hosting a garden party on Friday! Can’t wait to see pics from yours 🙂
The Language of Flowers was an amazing book! I couldnt put it down and it was really well written!
Just finished reading Gone Girl. Dizzingly mysterious and intriguing.
Have a lovely day with your family. 🙂
Happy Anniversary! Looks like Caleb is having fun with the animals and the cookies!
Happy anniversary guys!! Your wedding pic is so sweet. Maria – Mile Markers is a great read for women runners. Puts you in the mood for a good run!
Happy Anniversary! Love your dress. And I want that lime cake, too!
Wow, those rose bushes are gorgeous! Hope you guys have a wonderful anniversary celebration 🙂
Congratulations on your 5th anniversary — how wonderful! There is a little book I love; it is out of print now, but maybe a library could find it, or a used book store. It’s called “A Touch of Wonder” by Arthur Gordon. It’s a bunch of essays (so it’s easy to read in between caring for a young child) about love, family, life, the sea, friendships. It’s not dry at all, and as many times as I have re-read it, it moves me every time and gets me thinking. There is one essay about taking his daughter to her first day of kindergarten, which you may want to skip over, though, as it will tug at your heartstrings. There is another about the “what if” syndrome we all have sometimes that is one of the best, most thoughtful and inspiring things I’ve ever read. Also, if you have never read “Gift from the Sea,” by Anne Morrow Lindbergh, that is another timeless classic. Enjoy!
Read anything by Sherman Alexie. He’s provocative, funny and honest. I love his work.