1. Our neighborhood Boy Scouts put flags in yards on flag appropriate holidays. A few years ago I started helping and it has become one of my favorite things about our patriotic holidays. Yay for putting flags up this morning and God Bless America.
2. We have been stuck in this big heat wave across the west. It’s been 102-106 for almost a week now. Sheesh bring on the snow!
3. Last Saturday I went on a bike ride. It was glorious.
4. Caleb is really not scared of anything, unless you ring the doorbell, then he freaks out until he knows who it is. He has been doing some cool tricks on his train this week. Crazy kid!
5. Have you seen the guy in this video? Sheesh! I would probably have tried this 10-15 years ago.
1. Happy 4th of July! We are headed to a neighborhood breakfast this morning and we are having some friends over for a BBQ tonight! Josh wants to take Caleb to see Despicable Me 2, but we will see. I am worried he won’t sit still, but he is mesmerized by the minions! Have any of you seen the movie yet?
2. Speaking of movies, last weekend we saw White House Down. We both loved it! It was action packed, funny, and Channing kept my eyes glued to the screen:)
3. I can’t wait to fire up the grill and make these Grilled Tex-Mex Quinoa Stuffed Sweet Potato Skins.
4. Running in a skirt never made sense to me, until I tried it. I bought an Albion Fit running skirt and I am in love! The skirt is comfortable, I love the pockets, and it’s pretty darn cute too:) Not that anyone sees me running at 5:30 a.m. 🙂
5. Need a last minute 4th of July recipe? How about Summer Berry Crostini, Red, White, and Blue Salad, or Watermelon & Feta Flag?
6. What should we make with our big box of California avocados? Eating bowls and bowls of guacamole is the obvious, but any other suggestions? Not there is anything wrong with that:) I think I will make more Chocolate Avocado Cookies for sure!
7. Caleb is a little fishy! He loves the water and asks to go swimming EVERY day. I think we need a pool:)
8. Are you going to watch fireworks tonight? I enjoy them, but they start past Caleb’s bedtime…and my bedtime:) Maybe we will light a few sparklers! Enjoy the holiday!
Hope you have a great 4th of July also.
I don’t get why everyone love Channing? Yes he has a nice bod, I don’t find him attractive! lol I think I maybe the only one! Happy 4th of July!
I love when I see streets lined with American Flags. It always make me proud to be an American.
I’m also a non- fireworks watcher. They just start too late and then the traffic getting home.
If you got a giant snowstorm, you may retract that second statement, don’t ya think? 😉
Sounds like you have a fun day ahead! I am jealous since it is foggy/raining and cold here in Mt. Hood. Oh well, I will still fire up that grill!
Thanks so much for linking my sweet potatoes! Happy 4th of July!
I agree about Channing Tatum. I thought I was the only one!
Have a great Fourth!
Avocado smoothies – then post your favorite recipe. Avocado tacos are yum too.
Happy 4th, Maria! I loved Caleb’s sweet tricks on his train. 🙂 Thanks for the link love!
I wish I had a big bowl of guacamole right now!
Just came back from seeing Despicable Me 2. Movie was really good. Laughed so much by the end was crying from laughing. All the kids in the theatre did really well and seemed to enjoy the movie as much as all us adults.
Don’t waste your money on a movie for a kid less than 4 – you’ll be there for 30 min (which is the previews) before they start asking when it’s over. Even my 4.5 yr old thought Monsters U was “a really long show”. It was 1:30. Tape the trailer and show it to him over & over.
With the avocados…make some roasted beet and fennel salad – yum!!!
Oh my gosh, that photo of Caleb doing tricks on his train – too cute!! I’m trying to talk Shane into seeing White House Down this weekend, love Channing Tatum 🙂
Hope you all had a fabulous 4th!!! Thanks so much for including my watermelon feta flag!!! xoxo
Saw Despicable Me 2 today with my 4 kids. I liked the first one more. The minions turn into scary purple bad minions which scared my 2 girls (ages 6 and almost 3). If Caleb loves minions, he may not like the purple ones.
I saw DM2 on the 4th and loved it!!! I thought it was funnier than the first, probably because it showed more of the minions. 🙂
Channing would be nice to see 🙂
I heard there was a real scary part where the minions turn purple and super mean so he might be scared.
As for avocado I love this pressed sandwich I’ve eaten for too many years to count. http://semicountrylife.wordpress.com/2012/08/20/tomato-avocado-spinach-sandwich-meatless-monday/
Have a great week and try to stay cool
I was wondering where you got the pool floaties for Caleb. I’m looking for something similar for my daughter. Thanks!
We bought it last year, but I think we got it at Target.