It’s Thursday and that means it’s time for a NEW This and That. Today, we are sharing what’s new on the blog, some fun finds, and what we’ve been up to! Please leave a comment if you have any questions or you just want to say hi, we love hearing from you. Have a wonderful day!
- The boys don’t have school tomorrow, again. They sure have a lot of days off in March. Oh well, that means we get to ski more. They love the snow and it keeps coming so the resorts are staying open longer this year. Great news for us.
- Would you live on a cruise ship?
- We watched the Lyle Lyle Crocodile movie with the boys and it’s a good family movie.
- Costco or Sam’s Club? Or maybe you don’t go to either store.
- This is what’s for dinner tonight.
- New this week, a forever favorite, a classic dinner, and an easy weeknight meal!
- I had surgery this week. I had to get a bulging vein removed from my right leg. I’ve had it for 11 years, ever since I had Caleb, and it never bugged me until recently, so it was time to get it removed. Not fun, but I am doing fine, just trying to lay low so it can heal.
- I meal prepped these and these and Josh made me this soup. I also can’t stop snacking on this. If you make it, beware…ha!
- Speaking of meal prep, I ordered these!
- I asked for TV suggestions on Instagram and Shrinking and Daisy Jones & The Six were the top 2 mentioned shows. I am going to check them out. You can see my all-time favorite shows here. And if you need a movie to watch, this is a good list.
- Chambray, yay! And I love these jeans.
- Looking forward to this book.
- Casual button down.
- For the lemon lovers.
- There is a lot of talk about spring, but I can’t get excited when we still have SO much snow. Spring feels like it’s forever away, boo! And I know Josh and the boys love the snow, but I am over it:)
- Classy stripes.
Coscto vs Sam’s – I have access to both store and I like shopping at both. My opinion is you choose based on what you want from a warehouse store. In my opinion, Costco offers a bit higher end selections across the board. Sometimes the stores carry the very same products and brands. Sam’s has better prices on most everything. Not by a lot but definitely lower prices. I tend to shop at Costco for myself, mainly due to the convenience of the location to my home. I shop at Sam’s when I purchase food for the meals I cook for our Wednesday night fellowship meal when I am cooking for about 100 and try to be as economical as possible. Sam’s app is good. You can use the app to scan and pay for your groceries while you shop or order ahead for deliver of pickup. All very helpful when I shop for 100. I hope this is helpful.
Thanks for sharing!
Hope you are better soon. Let those men take care of you!!
Best Wishes as you heal, Maria! Your new tulips will be here to bring on Spring before you know it!
hey y’all- love the list! Yummy food! Cute pic of Maxwell. I am glad you are ok Maria- I will be praying for you. I have never been to a Costco- But would love to. I have been to Sam’s Club but it has been a long time. We shop at our local grocery store called Firelake here in Oklahoma. They have several locations. Very nice and also we like Crest in Oklahoma City. Big and very nice to. It is looking a lot like Spring here. Grass is green! Our Tulip tree in our front yard is in bloom. And the flowering pear trees our blooming. The weather has been a little up and down. In the 50’s then the next day in the 70’s the next! Crazy. and some rain lately to.
I read the book Daisy Jones & The Six and just devoured it. It’s written as an oral history, which I have loved since I read Please Kill me by Legs McNeil and Gillian McCain all the way back in 1996(!). I have not read a book as fast as Daisy Jones in a looooong time. (Granted, it was on a weekend getaway where there was virtually no internet or TV)
I really hope you enjoy the show and I am looking forward to watching it soon!
I feel your discomfort, Maria. I have had vein procedures in th epast and thay are not fun but you will be happy with the results once you feel better. Let your guys pamper you for a few days.
We have three large wholesale clubs in my area…Costco, Sam’s and BJ’s. I don’t frequent Sam’s but do purchase from both Costco and BJ’s. Our local Costco has a bargin 2 pack of Rao’s red sauce. I have a membersip to BJ’s and it is less than a mile from my house so I am there often.
I hope it is not too intrusive for me to wish that you recover quickly and comfortably from your surgery. Peace and love to you and your family.