1. The summer Olympics are almost here. I miss that baseball is not a part of the Olympics anymore, but I am still excited to watch. Let the games begin! Go team USA! What’s your favorite summer Olympic event to watch?
2. My favorite thing about blogging conferences is that we get to meet up with our blogging friends. We have met so many wonderful people through this great medium. At EVO, we got to see our good friends, Sandy and Paul. Sandy blogs at Reluctant Entertainer and Paul is the founder and president of The Protectors.
The Protectors is a great organization that works to prevent bullying and rehab those who were bullied. As a parent and a youth leader in our neighborhood, I feel this issue is important. The Protectors may be something you want to recommend to your school, local religious leader and/or community leaders. Follow Paul’s website and blog, it has a wealth of information about how one person can make a difference. I’m grateful to know people like Sandy and Paul who are Protectors to all and I feel fortunate to know them.
3. Something not as serious as bullying. I need new disc brakes for my mountain bike. Anybody have any recommendations? SRAM Avid’s, Shimano, Formula, Hayes, Magura, or something else I haven’t even heard of?
1. Wow, what a busy week. I’ve been running around like crazy, but I can’t get caught up on life. I had a great time at the EVO Conference, but boy did it throw my schedule off…and Caleb’s too. He has been waking up 2-3 times in the night ever since we got home. Maybe we need to go on another vacation, he sleeps great in hotels.
2. When life is busy and you don’t have time to make lunch, grab a watermelon and a spoon.
3. I haven’t had time to bake this week. I know, sad! And these cookies are haunting me! I need to make them SOON!
4. Our neighbors apricot tree is overflowing with apricots and they were kind enough to share. I’ve been drying them like mad this week. I know they look kind of scary, but I promise they are tasty. These shriveled up apricots make a great snack!
5. Love this DIY laundry drying rack! Now I just need someone to make it for me…and someone to fold the laundry:)
6. This salad is on our dinner menu for tonight. I can’t wait!
7. Our plum tree is almost ripe! Please share your favorite plum recipes! I need ideas because we will be swimming in plums soon! Thanks!