1. Hawaii was awesome, but it is so good to be home. We missed our little buddy. He had a great time with Papa while we were gone and we didn’t think he missed us, but yesterday Maria told Caleb we had to go to a meeting and he said, “Don’t leave me again.” Next time he is coming with us!
2. Hopefully this invention can be used to help all kinds of people.
3. After falling in love with snorkeling and swimming in the ocean I saw this on TED talks. What a great idea!
4. Here is a Throwback Thursday to when I was three. Some say Caleb looks just like me, but I don’t see it. Maybe because I am his Dad.
1. I have a Hawaii hangover. We took the red eye flight home and I am still feeling it. I can never sleep on planes and flying pregnant is a whole new ballgame. Our trip was SO worth the long flights, but I am having a hard time functioning this week. A trip post is coming soon, so stay tuned…I just need to sleep first! 🙂
2. In Hawaii, I read this book. I enjoyed it. It was an easy beach read. I am starting The Storyteller next.
3. Super cute S’mores!
4. I am 30 weeks pregnant! Only 10 weeks to go! I am feeling…pregnant. Not great, but not horrible. Just tired, my back hurts, and it is getting hot! I am constantly eating ice and I want watermelon for every meal. I am still not wearing maternity pants yet. I am carrying this baby so high that my pants still fit. I think I am done with skinny jeans though, bring on the stretchable pants! If I wear maternity pants then maybe I can eat ice cream for every meal instead of watermelon:)
5. Just Stop!
6. Currently sipping on this lemonade.
7. We watched Captain Phillips and Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit on the airplane to Hawaii. They were both good! They helped pass the time on our 6 hour flight. What summer movies are you looking forward to? Anything good in the theaters right now or coming out this summer?
8. Loving this kitchen.
9. We have almost everything we need for our new baby since it is a boy, but we do need a new baby swing. Any recommendations?
10. I think I will eat this salad all summer long…to go with my watermelon and ice cream:)
11. Tell me your favorite chapstick! My lips have been so dry lately and it seems like the more chapstick I use, the drier they get. I am starting to think chapstick brands put a secret ingredient in their chapsticks to make your lips dry out even more so you will have to keep buying chapstick! I have tried several brands and nothing is working for me! Please help!
12. We have six chickens and are always looking for new ways to use up our eggs! Can’t wait to try this recipe! Genius!
I love Young Living essential oil grapefruit lip balm.
I have chapstick addiction! I just use simple Chapstick brand, but the dark blue label that says moisturizer. Only about $1/tube. worth a try! And it has spf 15 to boot 🙂
Danged chapstick! I know exactly what you mean and, in fact, you’re kind of right about the secret ingredient. Many of them contain alcohol. My lips got so bad this past winter I started putting some of my face moisturizer on the corners of my mouth just to stop them cracking and bleeding. But for real lip stuff I love all the Burt’s Bees.
Una biologicals has great lip balm. I recently discovered them and love their products. I would go through so much chapstick it was crazy. I find myself having use it much less often and my lips never feel dry! They are on etsy and they have their own website as well.
Aquaphor or Bag Balm!
I use Burt Bee’s Pomegranate. I’ve used it for years and it keeps your lips moisterized all day. I take it everywhere. From Cali to Florida even Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
Can’t wait to see your Hawaii post 🙂 And I have a cousin that makes homemade lip balm from my uncle’s beeswax! How cool is that. I just bought a bunch to sell at my farmer’s market stand. I’ll totally mail you some! Get some sleep girl and enjoy that watermelon!
I use SoftLips during the day and put vaseline on my lips before I go to sleep. That works great for me. Hope you can find something that works for you!
The mini jar of Vaseline Lip Therapy is great~ I use it at night, and also once in the morning after I’ve washed up. Philosophy Kiss Me is also really emollient. For a little more color, I love the Fresh tinted lip treatments.
I use the Sugar Fresh Lip Treatment too. It’s awesome. Aquaphor is also a great for dry lips, I used this exclusively when I was a medication for my skin that made my lips severely dry. Doctor recommended. You can get little tubes at Target.
I really like the ChapStick Hydration Lock. It work great and the vanilla cream scent smells so good.
Honestly my favorite chapstick is “Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula Swivel Stick”. It is the size of a glue stick, smells like vanilla and rice krispie treats, and is AMAZING. Nothing ever worked for me before I found this. I usually can find it a Walgreens but it looks like drugstore.com has it too. Good luck!
Can’t wait to see the pics from your trip! Loved following you guys on IG…such a great getaway!
I love Sara Happ lip scrub (they have it at Nordstrom and Nordstrom.com in a bunch of flavors). It helps get flakes off and smooth your lips and is moisturizing itself, and she also has have a lip gloss/balm pot called The Lip Slip that is really nice for during the day. At night I always use regular Burt’s Bees.
Put vaseline on lips at night! Super easy, and it works every time I have seriously painful chapped lips.
I couldn’t find my favorite lip balm anywhere, but it turned out OK because I found this:
Blister Silk & Shine! It’s my favorite EVER, & that’s a lot because I’m way older than you!
Burts Bees or Blistex!
I love wearing Carmex moisture plus lip balm!
I swear by Burt’s Bee’s lip balm.
See More Comments