Three Cheese Grilled Cheese-this triple cheese grilled cheese sandwich is perfect for dunking into a warm bowl of tomato soup!
Caleb goes to preschool twice a week. When he comes home, we like to have lunch together. I love sitting down with him so he can tell me about his day. I love hearing about what toys he played with, what letter he learned, his friends, and my favorite is when he sings me a song. He has the cutest little voice:)
This week, it was chilly outside, so I made Three Cheese Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and Tomato Basil Soup for lunch. Caleb was excited when he heard what was on the menu. He loves grilled cheese sandwiches and this one is loaded with cheese!
Grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup are a match made in heaven. They belong together! I love making homemade tomato soup, it’s so good with grilled cheese!
While Caleb is at preschool, I am busy getting my work done and spending time with baby Maxwell. The three hours always go so quickly. When lunch time rolls around, I need something fast. I don’t want to keep Caleb waiting when he gets home!
Tomato Basil Soup was the perfect soup to go with our Three Cheese Grilled Cheese Sandwiches.
For the sandwich, I used cheddar and mozzarella cheese on the inside because they are Caleb’s favorite. I coated the outside of the sandwiches in Parmesan cheese. I love the salty, cheesy crust makes the sandwiches extra special. You can’t go wrong with more cheese:) That is what the sandwich is all about!
Caleb loved dunking his sandwich into his soup! He pretended he was playing basketball and slam dunking his sandwich into the soup! Lunch time is always fun at our house:)
I can see a lot of Three Cheese Grilled Cheese Sandwiches in our future. There is nothing better than a grilled cheese sandwich and a warm bowl of tomato soup on a cold day, especially when you are eating it with your loved ones! Caleb is already asking for more grilled cheese PLEASE and I am more than ok with that. Bring on the comfort food!
Three Cheese Grilled Cheese
- 4 slices bread we used Sourdough
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter at room temperature
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
- 2 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- Spread the butter on one side of each bread slice. Add a slice of cheddar and a slice of mozzarella on each piece of bread, then cover with another bread slice, buttered-side up. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on the outside of one side of the sandwich.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Place the sandwich, cheese side down, on the hot pan. Grill for 2 minutes or until Parmesan cheese is crusted and golden brown. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on the outside of the other side of the sandwich. Cook until golden brown and the cheese has melted, about 2 more minutes. Serve immediately.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod