Toasted Coconut Kettle Corn-sweet and salty kettle corn made with coconut oil, toasted coconut almonds, and coconut chips! Coconut lovers will go crazy for this popcorn!
Josh and I spend a lot of time in the kitchen together. We work well as a team and love helping each other out. We are usually good about chipping in and helping with whatever recipe we are making, but we both have OUR recipes. Josh knows to get out of the way when I am baking cookies. Cookies are my thing. And I know to get out of the way when Josh is making Kettle Corn. Popcorn is his thing. He makes the best kettle corn so I don’t mind moving aside, especially when I get to eat it:)
Last weekend, Josh was popping up Kettle Corn for game day and I put in a special request. I asked if he could make Toasted Coconut Kettle Corn. I told him I would help with the add ins if he would pop me up a mean batch of Kettle Corn! I don’t dare touch his precious popcorn popper. That is his territory:) He was happy to make me a batch so I got out of the way and let him work his popcorn magic. He’s got it down!
Josh uses coconut oil to make his famous Kettle Corn. I thought it would be fun to kick the coconut flavor up a notch by adding toasted coconut chips and Blue Diamond’s Toasted Coconut Almonds.
Have you tried Blue Diamond’s Toasted Coconut Almonds? They are my current obsession. I eat a handful almost every day. They are a great healthy snack and are helping take away my winter blues. The sweet coconut flavor transports me to a tropical beach every time!
The Toasted Coconut Almonds are a perfect addition to my sweet and salty Kettle Corn! They add a nice crunch and delightful coconut flavor. Coconut lovers will go crazy for this Toasted Coconut Kettle Corn. And if you can’t find coconut chips, you can use regular toasted coconut. Just toss all of the ingredients together after the Kettle Corn is done popping and you have a big bowl of coconut deliciousness!
I already put in another request for Toasted Coconut Kettle Corn. Josh knows he is on Kettle Corn. This is the perfect Game Day snack! Pop up a batch for your guests to enjoy! And you might want to make a double batch so you can save some for snacking during the week. You never know when you will need to visit that tropical beach! Just close your eyes and grab a handful of Toasted Coconut Kettle Corn and you will feel the sand between your toes and the sunshine on your face! Enjoy!
Toasted Coconut Kettle Corn
Sweet and salty kettle corn with toasted coconut chips and toasted coconut almonds! A great snack for game day, movie night, or every day!
- Prep Time
- 5 minutes
- Cook Time
- 5 minutes
- Total Time
- 10 minutes
- 8 -10 servings
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened toasted coconut chips
- 1 cup Blue Diamond Toasted Coconut Almonds
- 1. In a Whirley Popcorn Popper or in a large pot with a lid, heat the coconut oil over medium-high heat. Add the popcorn kernels. When the coconut oil sizzles, sprinkle the sugar over the popcorn kernels. Cover and stir or shake the pan until the popping slows down. The popcorn should be done popping in about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and pour the kettle corn into a large bowl. Sprinkle with salt and toss. Add the toasted coconut chips and Toasted Coconut Almonds. Enjoy!
- Note-the kettle corn will keep for 2-3 days. Store in an air-tight container or Ziploc bag. If you can't find coconut chips, you can use regular coconut. I buy toasted coconut chips at Whole Foods. If you use regular coconut and want to toast it, Preheat oven to 325°F. Spread coconut flakes on a large baking sheet. Place in oven and bake 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from oven when coconut is light golden brown around the edges.
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!
Disclosure-this post is in partnership with Blue Diamond Almonds, but our opinions are our own. Thank you for supporting the brands that continue to make Two Peas and Their Pod possible. For more Game Changing Snacks, visit Blue Diamond Almonds on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.