Last week I was going through our chocolate drawer in our freezer. Yes, we have a special drawer for chocolate and it is packed full:) I found two bags of Heath toffee bits at the bottom. I forgot they were in there. I didn’t want them to feel neglected any longer so I decided to make Toasted Coconut, Toffee, and Chocolate Chip Cookies. These cookies are loaded!
I like coconut, but I LOVE toasted coconut. Toasting coconut brings out a nutty, powerful flavor that I adore. The toasted coconut and toffee bits create a chewy cookie that is to die for. I wanted an extra kick of chocolate so I stirred in a handful of chocolate chips. These cookies have it all! Josh even declared them as his new favorite cookie. He says that a lot so we will see how long it lasts:)
This is our 100th cookie recipe on our blog! I knew I had a cookie obsession, but WOW 100 cookie recipes? Maybe I need help:) Don’t worry, I am not done baking yet. I have plenty of new cookie recipes to share, so stay tuned. For now, enjoy a batch of Toasted Coconut, Toffee, and Chocolate Chip Cookies-they are outstanding!
Toasted Coconut, Toffee, & Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup flaked sweetened coconut
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup packed light brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup Heath toffee bits
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and arrange coconut in a single layer on the pan. Bake for 5-7 minutes or until coconut is lightly toasted, stirring once. Set coconut aside to cool.
- 2. Line another baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat and set aside. Whisk together flour, baking powder, soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
- 3. In the bowl of a stand mixer, add brown sugar and butter. Beat at medium speed until creamy and smooth, about two minutes. Beat in vanilla extract, coconut extract, and egg. Slowly add dry ingredients and mix until combined. Stir in toasted coconut, toffee bits, and chocolate chips.
- 4. Drop spoonfuls of dough 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until cookies start to brown around the edges. Remove from pan, and cool completely on wire racks.
- Note-if you can’t find Heath Toffee Bits you can chop up Heath or Skor candy bars.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
If you like these Toasted Coconut, Toffee, & Chocolate Chip Cookies, you might also like:
Chocolate Chip Almond Toffee Cookies from Two Peas and Their Pod
Chocolate Toffee Cookies from Two Peas and Their Pod
Crispy Toasted Coconut Cookies from Joy the Baker
Heath Bar Cookies from Simply Recipes