Happy Labor Day! We hope you are all enjoying the long holiday weekend. Today we are going to our friend’s pool to enjoy the sunshine and relax. It should be a great day! Last week when I made the Israeli Couscous Salad with Roasted Vegetables I still had leftover vegetables. I don’t like good produce to go to waste so I made a Tortellini Salad with Roasted Vegetables. One of Josh’s favorite salads is my regular Tortellini Salad, so I was pretty sure he would enjoy this roasted vegetable version and I was right. We both loved it!
I used my favorite summer vegetables for this salad-eggpalnt, zucchini, yellow squash, red pepper, and onion. If your garden is producing other veggies like crazy, feel free to throw those in too. This salad is very versatile and easy to make.
I used store bought cheese tortellini. I like to buy the big fresh packs at Costco or Sam’s. I use what I need and then put the rest in the freezer. It only takes the tortellni a few minutes to boil. I rinsed it with cold water, drained the pasta, and added all of the roasted vegetables. I tossed the salad with balsamic dressing, fresh basil, and Parmesan cheese.
This salad makes a great main dish or side dish. We ate it for dinner with watermelon-I have to have watermelon for dinner every night. I am addicted. It probably isn’t the best thing for a 9 month pregnant lady to eat, but the bathroom trips are worth it:) Anyways, this Tortellini Salad with Roasted Vegetables is a winner! If you are still looking for a salad to add to your Labor Day menu, I highly recommend this one! Enjoy the holiday!
Tortellini Salad with Roasted Vegetables
- 1 small eggplant chopped
- 1 small zucchini chopped
- 1 small yellow squash chopped
- 1 red pepper chopped, seeds removed
- 1 small red onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 16 ounce package cheese tortellini, cooked according to package instructions, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup freshly chopped basil
- 1 1/4 cups balsamic dressing use your favorite brand
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. To roast the vegetables: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Place the eggplant, zucchini, yellow squash, red pepper, onion, and garlic on a large baking sheet. Drizzle vegetables with olive oil and gently toss. Season with salt and pepper. Place the pan in the oven and roast for about 30-35 minutes, stirring vegetables occasionally. Remove vegetables from the oven and set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine tortellini, roasted vegetables, Parmesan cheese, and fresh basil. Add the balsamic dressing and gently stir until tortellini and vegetables are well coated. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve the salad chilled.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
If you like this Tortellini Salad with Roasted Vegetables, you might also like:
- Tortellini Pasta Salad with Bacon, Broccoli, & Basil from Cookin’ Canuck
- Cheese Tortellini with Pesto and Sun Dried Tomatoes from Life Ambrosia
- Tortellini Salad from Two Peas and Their Pod