Memorial Day is on Monday and if you still need a tasty salad for your barbeque or picnic, make this Tortellini Salad. It is one of my favorite salads to take to summer parties. It is always a hit and I usually get asked for the recipe. I am always happy to share my recipes, so today everyone is getting my Tortellini Salad recipe.
This easy tortellini salad is colorful, filling, and loaded with flavor. Cheese tortellini are surrounded by artichokes, peppers, grape tomatoes, black olives, basil, and Parmesan cheese. I like to buy the tri-colored tortellini, but any tortellini will do. I toss the salad in balsamic dressing, making sure all of the ingredients are covered. I use store bought dressing to keep it easy. My favorite brand is Maple Grove’s Balsamic Vinaigrette, but feel free to use your favorite brand or make your own dressing.
This is a cold pasta salad, which makes it perfect for summer. Make sure you chill it in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving. I like to make a big bowl so we can eat it for leftovers. It is great as a main dish or side dish. The salad will keep in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
Add this Tortellini Salad to your Memorial Day menu and have a fun, safe holiday weekend!
Also, thanks to everyone for your kind comments on our new website design. We are glad you are enjoying it! We apologize for any downtime, it took the new site awhile to launch everywhere. We appreciate your patience. We have the best readers! Thank you!
- 8 -10
- 1 16 ounce package cheese tortellini, cooked according to package instructions, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups water-packed artichoke hearts drained and quartered
- 1 large red pepper chopped, seeds removed
- 1 large yellow pepper chopped, seeds removed
- 1/2 cup pitted sliced black olives
- 1 1/2 cups grape tomatoes
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup freshly chopped basil
- 1 1/4 cups balsamic dressing use your favorite brand
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. In a large bowl, combine tortellini, artichokes, peppers, olives, tomatoes, Parmesan cheese, and basil. Stir until combined.
- 2. Add the balsamic dressing and gently stir until all of the ingredients are coated with dressing. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Place tortellini salad in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving. Serve chilled.
If you like this Tortellini Salad, you might also like: