On Saturday we went to our friend’s house to lounge at the pool. Before we left, we baked Triple Chocolate Oreo Chunk Cookies to take to the pool party. Our friend’s love our sweet treats so I knew we couldn’t show up empty handed:) When we arrived, everyone was already in the pool, but as soon as they saw the cookies they hopped out for a cookie break. The Triple Chocolate Oreo Chunk cookies were a hit!
These cookies are loaded with chocolaty goodness. First, I added cocoa powder to the dry ingredients.
Josh chopped up semi-sweet chocolate, white chocolate, and Oreos to add into the cookie dough.
We added the chocolate chunks and Oreos into the chocolate dough. If I wasn’t pregnant, I probably would have eaten all of the dough. It smelled and looked delicious. I guess it is a good thing the raw eggs stopped me. These cookies were for our friends:)
The cookies only take 8-10 minutes to bake. You do not want to over bake them. Take them out when the cookies start to crack and still look gooey. They will set up on the baking sheets. You want the cookies to be soft and chewy.
I know these cookies were for our friends, but I had to taste them to make sure they were “safe” for our friends to eat. I took one bite and went WOW! These cookies are sinfully delicious. The chocolate cookie alone is divine, plus you get a chunk of chocolate and/or Oreo in every bite. These cookies really shouldn’t be allowed, but I won’t tell if you don’t:)
If you are looking for an over the top, decadent, out of this world, devilish dessert, make these Triple Chocolate Oreo Chunk Cookies. They certainly fit the bill! And don’t forget the milk-these cookies are perfect for dunking. Enjoy!
Triple Chocolate Oreo Chunk Cookies
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup dutch processed cocoa
- 1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped white chocolate
- 1 cup chopped semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 cup chopped Oreo cookies
- 1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with a Silpat baking mat or parchment paper. Set aside.
- 2. In a medium bowl, sift flour, baking soda, salt, and cocoa. Set aside.
- 3. With a mixer, cream butter and sugars together until smooth. Add in eggs, one at a time. Next, add in vanilla extract. Mix until blended.
- 4. Slowly add flour mixture to sugar mixture and mix until flour disappears. Stir in chocolate chunks and Oreos. Drop cookie dough by rounded tablespoons onto prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart.
- 5. Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes. Don't over bake. Remove from oven and let sit on baking sheet for 3-5 minutes. Move to a cooling rack and cool completely.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
If you like these Triple Chocolate Oreo Chunk Cookies, you might also like:
Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies from Picky Palate
Homemade Oreos from Smitten Kitchen
Chocolate Chip Oreo Cookies from Two Peas and Their Pod
Chewy Chocolate-White Chocolate Chunk Cookies from Two Peas and Their Pod