Vegan Coconut Chocolate Chunk Ice Cream-this easy coconut milk ice cream recipe only has 5 ingredients and it’s dairy-free!
July is National Ice Cream Month and we are celebrating with Vegan Coconut Chocolate Chunk Ice Cream. I have been craving ice cream like crazy and I justify a scoop every night because it is ice cream month. It is my duty to make sure plenty of ice cream gets eaten in July. I am just trying to do my part:)
I am doing a good job so far because I can’t get enough of this Vegan Coconut Chocolate Chunk Ice Cream. I churned up a batch and have been eating it nonstop! It is the perfect summer treat!
Homemade ice cream is the best, but sometimes it is a pain to make. Not this recipe! I promise it is SO easy!
You only need five ingredients to make this creamy and dreamy ice cream: coconut milk, sugar, vanilla extract, coconut, and chocolate! If you need the ice cream to be vegan and dairy free, make sure you use vegan chocolate. I love Enjoy Life chocolate chips or chocolate chunks.
Last summer was the first time I used coconut milk to make Coconut Raspberry Ice Cream. The coconut milk is magic and creates a fabulous ice cream. I am a big fan! This summer I decided to mix things up and make Coconut Chocolate Chunk Ice Cream because I LOVE coconut and chocolate together! You can never go wrong with this combo!
The creamy coconut ice cream is dotted with chocolate chunks and shredded coconut. Coconut and chocolate lovers will scream for this ice cream!
Celebrate National Ice Cream Month by making this Vegan Coconut Chocolate Chunk Ice Cream. It is your duty to eat a scoop…or two…or three!
Vegan Coconut Chocolate Chunk Ice Cream
- 2 (13.66 oz) cans chilled full fat Thai coconut milk
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped chocolate or chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- Place the coconut milk, sugar, and vanilla in a blender. Blend until combined, about 30 seconds.
- Freeze using an ice cream maker, according to manufacture’s instructions. During the last few minutes of churning, add in the chopped chocolate and coconut. You can serve immediately for a soft serve texture or you can place the ice cream in a container and freeze for a firmer texture.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod