White Chocolate Dipped Snickerdoodles
White Chocolate Dipped Snickerdoodles-classic snickerdoodles dipped in white chocolate and sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar! Snickerdoodles just got better!
Caleb loves helping me in the kitchen. He loves whisking, stirring, and of course taste testing. Last week, he asked if we could bake cookies. Like I could say no to cookies…and his cute face. I asked him what kind of cookies he wanted to bake and he said he didn’t care, so I started listing off a few of my favorites: No-Bake Peanut Butter Pretzel Cookies, Gingersnaps, Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies. I didn’t get a reaction until I said snickerdoodles. He looked up at me with a big smile and started cracking up. He asked, “What kind of cookie?” I said Snickerdoodles. He laughed again and couldn’t stop laughing. He thought the name was so funny. He was rolling on the kitchen floor. He said he wanted to make the silly snickerdoodles! So we did!
I love a classic snickerdoodle cookie, especially during the holidays, but I wanted our cookies to be extra special so we made White Chocolate Dipped Snickerdoodles. Best decision ever!
Life is busy, especially during the holidays, but sometimes you just need to take a break. And for me, there is no better break than a cookie baking break. Especially, when I have a cute little kitchen assistant. We had so much fun making snickerdoodles together. We were definitely snickering while making these cookies. There was flour, cinnamon, sugar, and white chocolate everywhere!
When the snickerdoodles were done baking and cooled, we dunked them in melted white chocolate. I wanted to make them pretty for the holidays so I sprinkled cinnamon and sugar over the white chocolate. The cookies were not only pretty, but super duper delicious! I loved the white chocolate with the cinnamon sugar snickerdoodle!
We sampled a few snickerdoodles and then I told Caleb it would be nice to share our cookies. We are teaching him about sharing:) He thought it was a great idea so we got out our Ziploc® One Press Seal stackable containers. I love the One Press Seal containers because they are easy to securely close and easy to stack! They come in more than 10 shapes and sizes and even have a fun holiday collection!
We filled several containers with our White Chocolate Dipped Snickerdoodles and took them to neighbors, friends, and family! Everyone loved the cookies! They made a great holiday gift!
We did keep a few cookies back at the house for ourselves. I used Ziploc’s festive holiday designed storage bags for our cookie stash! They also make freezer bags which are perfect for putting your holiday cookies away for a snowy day! If you receive too many cookies at once, you can store some in the freezer for later. I always have cookies in our freezer. You never know when a cookie craving will strike. I seem to get a cookie craving every day…or every hour:)
We had fun making and sharing our White Chocolate Dipped Snickerdoodles! They are the perfect cookies for the holiday season! Happy baking!
White Chocolate Dipped Snickerdoodles
The BEST snickerdoodle recipe and perfect for the holiday season!
Yield: 3 dozen cookies
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 8-10 minutes
For the Cookies:
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Cinnamon Sugar Topping:
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
White Chocolate Garnish:
- 1 (16 oz) bag white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar, if desired
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or a Silpat baking mat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Using a mixer, beat the butter and sugar together until creamy and smooth, about 3 minutes. Add in the eggs and vanilla extract and mix until combined. Slowly add in the dry ingredients, with the mixer on low.
- Shape dough into balls, using about 1 tablespoon of dough. Mix 1/4 cup sugar and the cinnamon together in a small bowl. Roll balls in cinnamon-sugar mixture. Place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until set around the edges and centers are still soft. Do not overbake! Remove from oven and let cookies set up on baking sheet for 2 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire cooling rack and cool completely.
- While the cookies are cooling, melt the white chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Dip cookies half-way into the white chocolate. Place cookies on wax paper or parchment paper. If desired, combine sugar and cinnamon together and sprinkle the mixture over the white chocolate. Let cookies set up until chocolate is completely dry.
Note-cookies will keep in an airtight container for 3-4 days.
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!
Disclosure-this post is in partnership with Ziploc, but our opinions are our own. Thank you for supporting the companies that continue to make Two Peas and Their Pod possible.