Blueberry Coconut Muffins
Blueberry Coconut Muffins with triple the coconut-coconut oil, coconut milk, and shredded coconut! A great back to school or any day breakfast treat!
We’ve had a busy week in the kitchen. We are working on a photography project for a client and have been cooking up a storm! Josh and I have a good system down. We make the recipes together, I take pictures while Josh cleans up and preps for the next recipe. Josh deserves a gold star for doing so many dishes:)
We made and shot seven recipes in one day. We were both tired at the end of the day, but our little Caleb was bursting with energy. I think he missed having our full attention. He got bored with the tupperware drawer, his books, and shows. So we took him to the park before bedtime.
The next morning, we prepped the kitchen again for another long day and I think Caleb knew what was going on because he started crying and kept saying “I’ll hold you.” We put our work aside for awhile to make Caleb a special breakfast treat, Blueberry Coconut Muffins.
Caleb loves blueberries. He asks for them multiple times a day, every day. I knew he would enjoy blueberry muffins for breakfast.
I decided to make a coconut muffin base because Caleb also loves coconut. Our Raspberry Coconut Waffles are Caleb’s favorite so I was hoping he would enjoy Blueberry Coconut Muffins too!
I used Gold Medal Flour’s White Whole Wheat Flour. I love baking with this flour. You get the benefits of whole grains with a nice and light texture. I also used coconut oil, lite coconut milk, and shredded coconut. Triple the coconut, triple the deliciousness!
The muffins were easy to whip up and only took about 20 minutes to bake. While I was taking photos, Caleb snuck up in front of me and helped himself to a muffin. I couldn’t get mad, these were his muffins. And I don’t blame him for not being able to wait, they smelled amazing!
I didn’t need to ask Caleb if he liked them. His blueberry face and big smile gave me my answer. Josh and I sat down at the table with our little pea and enjoyed Blueberry Coconut Muffins for breakfast. It was just what we all needed.
The muffins are tender and bursting with coconut and blueberries! We loved them and think you will too!
Take some time out this weekend and make Blueberry Coconut Muffins. They also make a great back to school breakfast or after school snack. So get these muffins on the menu. It will make going back to school a lot easier!
Blueberry Coconut Muffins
Yield: 10 muffins
Cook Time: 18-20 minutes
Coconut muffins made with white whole wheat flour, coconut oil, coconut milk, coconut, and blueberries. Coconut fans will go crazy for these muffins!
1 1/2 cups Gold Medal White Whole Wheat flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled to room temperature
1 large egg (or flaxseed replacement, see note)
3/4 cup lite coconut milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease muffin pan or line pan with muffin liners. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder.
3. In a separate medium bowl, mix coconut oil, egg, coconut milk, and vanilla together.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir with a spatula. Stir until just combined. The batter will be thick. Gently fold in the coconut and blueberries.
5. Divide batter among prepared muffin cups. Bake muffins for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Transfer muffins to a cooling rack and cool.
Note-you can make this recipe vegan by replacing the egg with 1 tablespoon ground flaxseeds and 3 tablespoons water. Stir together until thick and add to coconut oil, coconut milk, and vanilla.
If you like these Blueberry Coconut Muffins, you might also like:
- Blueberry Corn Muffins from Two Peas and Their Pod
- Blueberry Streusel Muffins from The Girl Who Ate Everything
- Blueberry Lemon Cream Cheese Muffins from Two Peas and Their Pod
- Whole Wheat Blueberry Banana Bread Muffins from How Sweet It Is
This post is in partnership with Gold Medal Flour, but our opinions are our own.