Brown Sugar Toffee Cookies
Brown Sugar Toffee Cookies-soft and chewy brown sugar cookies dotted with toffee.
Cookies make me happy. Well, most cookies, they have to be good cookies:) These Brown Sugar Toffee Cookies make me very happy because they are very good!
I made a batch a few weeks ago to test them out. I wanted to see if they would be good enough to add to our Christmas cookie baking list. I have a lot of favorite cookie recipes so it’s hard to decide on which recipes to bake for the holidays. I feel bad leaving cookies out, but I can’t bake them all…even though I want to. There are only so many days in December. That is why I do trial baking runs to make sure the very best are chosen. There are a few cookie recipes that I HAVE to make every year: Lime Coconut Snowballs, Soft Gingersnaps, Red Velvet Cheesecake Cookies, and Chocolate Mint Chip Cookies, but I always like to add a few new cookies to the mix.
Well, the Brown Sugar Toffee Cookies passed the test with flying colors. They are going on my Christmas cookie MUST bake list!
Sugar cookies usually aren’t my favorite cookies. There is a time and place for them, but I don’t crave them or bake them that often. I LOVE these sugar cookies though. They are not your typical sugar cookie.
I used all dark brown sugar for these sugar cookies. I also added in a little cornstarch. I wanted these cookies to be soft and chewy!
I stirred in toffee bits to make them extra special. Toffee is always a good idea! I rolled them in brown sugar before baking to give them a crackly look!
The cookies are everything I hoped they would be and MORE! They are soft, chewy, and have a nice brown sugar flavor. There is a hint of cinnamon that compliments the brown sugar. The toffee bits add a nice surprise with every bite!
Brown Sugar Toffee Cookies are on our holiday baking list FOR SURE. This year and every year. Make sure you find time in December to bake these gems!
Brown Sugar Toffee Cookies
Yield: 26 cookies
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10-12 minutes
Soft and chewy brown sugar cookies with toffee bits. These are my favorite sugar cookies!
2 1/4 cups all-purpose Gold Medal flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 1/4 cups dark brown sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup Heath toffee bits
Extra dark brown sugar for rolling cookies, about 1/2 cup
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with a Silpat baking mat or parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, cornstarch, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
3. Place butter and brown sugar in the bowl of an electric stand mixer. Beat on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Turn off the mixer and scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula. Add the egg and vanilla extract, and beat on medium speed until combined.
4. With the mixer on low, slowly add the dry ingredients. Mix until the just combined. Stir in the toffee bits.
5. Using a spoon or cookie scoop, form tablespoons size balls of cookie dough. Roll balls in brown sugar. Place on balls on prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart. Bake cookies for 10 to 12 minutes, or until lightly browned around the edges. Do not over bake. Cool on the pan for 2 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire cooling rack and cool completely. Store in an air-tight container for up to 4 days.
Slightly adapted from Epicurious