Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Frozen Yogurt

It’s August, it’s hot, and you need a sweet cool down treat! So today I give you Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Frozen Yogurt. I could live off of frozen yogurt in the summer time. It always hits the spot. And if you are thinking you don’t have time to make homemade frozen yogurt, think again! This recipe is super easy. You don’t even need an ice cream maker! How cool is that? Literally, it is very cool:)

To make the frozen yogurt, you whip up a little eggless chocolate chip cookie dough and stir in yogurt. I used Chobani 0% vanilla yogurt. You let the frozen yogurt hangout in the freezer until frozen and that is it! The results are a creamy and dreamy frozen yogurt that tastes just like chocolate chip cookie dough.

I still can’t believe I didn’t have to use our ice cream maker to make this recipe-it is so smooth and creamy! I am telling you this is the good stuff! I am a little worried this recipe is too easy to make. I can easily see myself making this weekly or daily and eating it by the gallon:)

Cool off with a big scoop of Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Frozen Yogurt. And if you go back for a second scoop, I completely understand:) For the recipe and step-by-step photos, visit Tasty Kitchen. Thanks Anna for sharing your fabulous recipe!

If you like this Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Frozen Yogurt, you might also like:

91 Responses to “Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Frozen Yogurt”

Brenda @ a farmgirl's dabbles — August 11, 2012 @ 9:03 am

It does sound a little too (dangerously) easy!! I’m curious…need to try it!

Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar — August 11, 2012 @ 11:15 am

Mmm such a treat! Anything cookie dough sounds awesome to me!

Rachel J. — August 11, 2012 @ 11:29 am

I made this yesterday and it’s very good and very rich. The only change I made was subbing rice flour for the regular flour to make it GF. The only kind of “weird” thing though is that it doesn’t melt. The kids didn’t finish their bowls and left them at the table. A few hours later I went in to clean up and there they were, still formed, not melted. Kind of freaky.

Ash — August 11, 2012 @ 9:37 pm

I made this today and am eating it right now and it’s SO YUMMY!!!

• Two Peas replied: — August 12th, 2012 @ 11:10 pm

So glad you liked the fro yo!

Becky — August 11, 2012 @ 10:02 pm

This looks amazing – will definitely be trying it soon! :)

Jennifer (Savor) — August 12, 2012 @ 7:44 am

This is just beyond….beyond…..what else do I say?

Minnie(@thelady8home) — August 12, 2012 @ 10:09 am

That looks heavenly!!!!

nest of posies — August 12, 2012 @ 1:04 pm

oh girl!

this looks amazing. and can we talk about that cup & the pictures? so stinkin cute!

xo
    kellie

Joanne — August 12, 2012 @ 9:16 pm

This is my summer dream come true!

10. Pingback: 16 Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipes - Tailor Made Momma

DessertForTwo — August 12, 2012 @ 10:57 pm

Oh YUM! And so easy, too! And I wouldn’t feel guilty because it’s yogurt! win-win!

JulieD — August 13, 2012 @ 12:56 pm

This looks so heavenly, Maria!

13. Pingback: Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Frozen Yogurt | YUM at first bite

Brittany — August 13, 2012 @ 7:16 pm

Oh my gosh that is too easy! I’ve got to try it now. Like right now! :)

Jessica — August 14, 2012 @ 1:26 am

Oh wow – what a great idea! I have an ice cream maker, but I’m always quite content to keep it tucked away. Must try this!

16. Pingback: tuesday things and links | Crunchy Creamy Sweet

Kim in RI — August 14, 2012 @ 1:25 pm

I made it – it is delicious. Very sweet but a great treat. Any other flavor recommendations? I’d like to experiment!

Lisa | With Style and Grace — August 14, 2012 @ 4:40 pm

oh my goodness, I want a HUGE bowl of this right now!

Brittany — August 14, 2012 @ 10:57 pm

This looks so easy and amazingly delicious. Can’t wait to try it!

Esi — August 15, 2012 @ 8:26 am

I saw when you posted this on TK. Looks amazing!

Brooke — August 15, 2012 @ 12:00 pm

Maria, I love seeing our ice cream cups in your post, so happy you like them! And I am making your recipe this weekend too :)

Weekend Cowgirl — August 18, 2012 @ 1:27 pm

It is hot and I need this. The cups are precious. Are they on-line??

23. Pingback: Ten Things to Do Before Summer Is Over by Ashley for Blurban

24. Pingback: {Lightened-Up!} Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Fro-Yo | The Domestic Rebel

25. Pingback: The Sweetest Kitchen » Blog Archive » Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Frozen Yogurt

Dena — September 6, 2012 @ 2:57 pm

Made this a couple days ago and tried it last night. My daughter didn’t like it and my son didn’t finish his. I finished my small helping, but it is very rich and not sure I”ll make again.

Amelia — September 16, 2012 @ 3:47 pm

This sounds amazing! How much of the yogurt did you use though? One of the bigger containers or the single serve ones? Thanks!

28. Pingback: No more excuses | Veggies n' Dogs

jeanna — October 22, 2012 @ 2:02 pm

Hi! I made this the other day and loved it but it got too hard to scoop! I had to saw it out with a knife and ate it like cookie dough instead of ice cream. I checked my freezers temp and it was set at the recommended temp so I don’t know what happened. Any advice? Thanks!

30. Pingback: (Easy) Cookie dough frozen yogurt « Whimsy in Love

Liz — January 12, 2013 @ 9:32 pm

This looks so good! I do wonder how people think its healthy though, lots of sugar between the dough and the yogurt . I think I’ll try Chobani nonfat plain yogurt. Can’t wait!!!!

weekling1627 — January 25, 2013 @ 6:44 pm

fyi: NOT A LOW CALORIE DISH!!! after tallying up the cals for the ingredients and using and estimate of a 1/2 cup serving size (which is a SMALL serving) its comes out to about 680 calories per serving, thats more than an entire pint of ben and jerry’s fish food ice cream!!…….just saying, if you were eating this for the purpose of it being diet friendly, IT’S NOT.

33. Pingback: Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Frozen Yogurt

Nina — February 28, 2013 @ 7:54 am

I am a fan already although I haven’t even tried it. Yet! I definitely will. And hopefully soon. Thank you for this recipe!

Jake — March 4, 2013 @ 1:53 pm

Great idea! But how much yogurt?

Lauryn — April 10, 2013 @ 1:43 pm

Would this work if you just bought plain chocolate chip cookie dough from the store and then added the yogurt?
    I am just wondering if I could make it easier.

Thank you sooooooo much!
    It looks delicious!

~~~~~~~Lauryn~~~~~~~~~

We have made this, and it is sooooo good!!!! It’s easy and a nice summer treat!!!!!!!!

Karin — May 9, 2013 @ 3:47 am

Tried this cookie dough yogurt and loved it!

40. Pingback: 85+ Ice Cream, Gelato & Sorbet Recipes - Something Swanky