Chocolate Peppermint Patty Cookies
The holidays came early this year since we did some early baking for our Holiday Cookie Cravings cookbook. I thought I would want to boycott baking in December, but I am still baking up a storm. I never get tired of cookies! I recently made Chocolate Peppermint Patty Cookies and I am so glad because they are the perfect Christmas cookie. You have to add these to your holiday baking list.
The cookies are rich and chocolaty with a minty surprise inside. Every cookie is stuffed with a peppermint patty! Peppermint patties are good on there own, but even better inside of a chocolate cookie. Trust me. The chocolate and mint combo is divine! Biting into one of these cookies and finding a peppermint patty is like winning the lottery. Jackpot!
The chocolate cookies needed a little holiday cheer, so I dusted them with powdered sugar after they came out of the oven. It was snowing sugar in our kitchen, my favorite kind of snow
We packaged the cookies up and delivered them to our neighbors. Cookies make the best gifts, especially during the holidays!
Have you seen the Martha Stewart Home Office with Avery holiday products? I am in love with the entire line. There is gift wrap, ribbon, gift tags, gift bags, tissue paper, gift labels, shipping tape, padded envelopes, and more. Everything you need to create beautifully wrapped gifts and packages for your loved ones this holiday season. I used Martha’s gift tags and ribbon to package the Chocolate Peppermint Patty Cookies. Don’t you love the red and white? So fun!
Get your ribbon and gift tags ready! It’s December, which means it is time to share the cookie love! Start with these Chocolate Peppermint Patty Cookies. Your friends, family, and neighbors will love them.
Chocolate Peppermint Patty Cookies
Chocolate cookies with a fun surprise inside-a peppermint patty!
Yield: 30 cookies
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 8-10 minutes
2 1/2 cups all-purpose Gold Medal flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1⁄4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup Dutch processed cocoa
1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup light brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
30 peppermint patties
Powdered sugar, for decorating the cookies
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or Silpat baking mat. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, and cocoa. Set aside.
3. With a mixer, cream butter and sugars together until smooth. Add in eggs, one at a time. Next, add in vanilla and mix until combined.
4. Gradually add flour mixture and beat until flour disappears. Take a golf ball sized ball of dough, roll into a ball, and flatten it into a disc. Place a peppermint patty in the center and wrap the excess dough up and around the patty. Make sure the entire patty is covered. Repeat with remaining dough and place on prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart.
5. Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes, or until cookies are set, but still soft in the center. Remove from oven and let sit on baking sheet for 3 minutes. Move to a cooling rack and cool completely. Dust the cookies with powdered sugar.
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!
If you like these Chocolate Peppermint Patty Cookies, you might also like:
- White Chocolate Peppermint M&M Cookies from Two Peas and Their Pod
- Peppermint Pattie Brownies from How Sweet It Is
- Chocolate Mint Chip Cookies from Two Peas and Their Pod
- Peppermint Patty Brownie Cups from Confessions of a Cookbook Queen
- Chocolate Mint Oreo Cookies from Two Peas and Their Pod
Disclosure-Martha Stewart Office with Avery provided us with the holiday products in this post, but our opinions are our own.