Cookies ‘n Cream Scones
Today is a big day. I am starting a new career and it is our two year anniversary. To celebrate, we are sharing Cookies ‘n Cream scones with all of you. These scones are loaded with Oreo cookie chunks and white chocolate. I’ve added Oreos to cheesecake, cookies, brownies, so why not scones? It is a special day and we are going to indulge.
I feel like it is the first day of school. My stomach is filled with fluttering butterflies. I am very excited to start my new job, but a little nervous. I am leaving the worksite wellness field to be an online marketing coordinator. I love health and wellness, but I am looking forward to this new opportunity. I think it will be the career change I needed.
Today is also our wedding anniversary. Happy two years to us:) I can’t imagine my life without Josh-he makes each and every day special. We make a great team in the kitchen, but our relationship goes above and beyond food. We are very blessed and lucky to have each other.
So please help yourself to a cookies ‘n cream scone to celebrate our important day. These cream scones are packed with Oreo cookies and white chocolate. Kids and adults will love them. They might be a little rich for breakfast, but they make a perfect sweet snack or dessert. Dunk them in a cold glass of milk or go all out and top them off with cookies ‘n cream ice cream.
Thanks for helping us celebrate today! You are welcome to have seconds:)
Cookies 'n Cream Scones
Yield: Makes 10-12 scones
Cook Time: 15-18 minutes
1 cup cold heavy cream
1 large egg
2 cups all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
5 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
1 cup crushed Oreos
1 cup white chocolate chunks or chips
Additional cream for brushing the scones (about 3 tablespoons)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat. Set aside.
2. In a small bowl or glass measuring cup, mix 1 cup heavy cream and egg together with a fork. Set aside. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder.
3. Add the cold butter pieces to the flour mixture. Use your fingers to rub in and combine the butter into the flour mixture. Stop mixing when the butter is mostly mixed in. You want to have small butter chunks that are about the size of peas.
4. Pour the cream and egg mixture over the flour/butter mixture. Using a fork, stir until everything just comes together. Don't over mix. Add in the Oreo chunks and white chocolate. Keeping the dough in the bowl, knead it by hand just until it comes together.
5. Lightly dust a clean countertop with flour. Remove the dough from the bowl and place on counter. Divide the dough into two large pieces. Working with one piece at a time, pat the dough into a circle. Cut it into wedges. Repeat with the other piece. Place scones on baking sheet and lightly brush with additional cream.
6. Bake the scones for 15-18 minutes, or until the scones are firm. Transfer scones to a wire rack and cool for 10 minutes before serving.
*Note-scones are best the day they are made. Serve with a cold glass of milk or top the scones off with cookies n cream ice cream for an indulgent dessert.
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!
If you like these scones, you might also like:
Lemon Glazed Berry Scones from Two Peas and Their Pod
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Scones from Baking Bites
Brown Sugar Chocolate Chip Scones from Evil Shenanigans
White Chocolate Cherry Scones from My Baking Addiction