Green Smoothie

Yesterday I did my usual Body Combat workout at Dash Fitness and came home and made one of my favorite post workout snacks-a Green Smoothie. I posted the photo on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook and got several requests for the recipe. So today I am sharing my favorite Green Smoothie recipe. Some people call the Green Smoothie a Green Monster, but I like to refer to mine as the Green Goblin:)

If you haven’t tried a Green Smoothie before, don’t be afraid. I promise this smoothie is tasty. Don’t be frightened by the green color or the spinach. You can’t even taste the spinach. It blends right in with the other flavors, you won’t even know it is there. For my smoothie, I use an orange, half of a banana, 6 large strawberries, a few handfuls of spinach, Greek yogurt, and ice. I use plain Greek yogurt, it is my personal favorite, but any plain yogurt will do. I blend everything together in our Blendtec blender and it is ready in no time. This recipe makes 2 servings, so I put one in the freezer for later.

If you are trying to incorporate more fruits and vegetables into your diet, give this Green Smoothie a go. It is easy to make and is loaded with all kinds of good for you ingredients. I love sipping on a “Green Goblin” after my workouts. This smoothie is also great for breakfast or a healthy snack. Enjoy!

Green Smoothie

Yield: 2 servings

This simple Green Smoothie is a great way to incorporate more fruits and vegetables into your diet. I promise it is delicious and nutritious!

1 large orange, peeled and segmented
1/2 of a large banana, cut into chunks
6 large strawberries
2 cups spinach
1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
1 cup ice

1. Put all of the ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth. Pour into glasses and serve.

Note-I use our Blendtec Blender which is a very powerful machine. Make sure you use a powerful blender that will puree the orange, spinach, ice, etc. I like to store one serving of the smoothie in the freezer for later. Pour in an air-tight container and freeze. Make sure you take the smoothie out of the freezer about 30 minutes before you want to drink it. You can also store the smoothie in the refrigerator.

If you like this Green Smoothie, you might also like:

238 Responses to “Green Smoothie”

Misty Christian — May 3, 2012 @ 10:32 am

I have a green smoothie everyday for breakfast. I use whatever fruit I have on hand, but my fave is orange and strawberries with greek yogurt, a splash of almond milk, and if I have worked out, I add half a scoop of choco protien powder

2. Pingback: Lovely Links | Olivine's Charm School

Lauren — May 4, 2012 @ 3:26 pm

I don’t know what I did wrong but my smoothies do not turn as green as your picture shows. Its kind of brownish red…strawberries too large? It tasted good tho.

Lauren — May 28, 2012 @ 12:08 pm

This was very good, but I honestly don’t get how your smoothie turned such a pretty, bright green color. Mine is pea green at best, and I’ve had this issue with other green smoothies I’ve tried. Am I missing something?

Maggie — May 29, 2012 @ 9:45 am

Did anyone else’s turn out an ugly brown color? Used the exact recipe, but I wish it were as pretty as the picture! Still, delicious :)

6. Pingback: i na Internetove.eu | PR články

25. Pingback: Vitaminová bomba z mixéru « Ostatní « Píšeme poutavě

26. Pingback: Vitaminová bomba z mixéru | Pr články zdarma

27. Pingback: VášPR.cz » Vitaminová bomba z mixéru

28. Pingback: Vitaminová bomba z mixéru | Vaše oborové články | I-články.cz

29. Pingback: Vitaminová bomba z mixéru | I-Pr.cz

30. Pingback: Vitaminová bomba z mixéru | Napiš článek

31. Pingback: 45 Healthy Foods to Make and Never Buy Again | Health and Fitness Articles, News, and Tips – Greatist.com

32. Pingback: Fresh and Healthy Summer SmoothiesLesserEvil Life | LesserEvil Life

Rebecca Smoothie — June 18, 2012 @ 12:23 am

Greens hakes are the best. I’ve been adding seaweed (kelp) to mine, it helps me ‘chew’ the green smoothie and the little bits add great texture..My friend made a youtube video today for a kale and pear green smoothie. http://youtu.be/xSlXF4HV3HA

I’m so inspired by yours! :-) I tried yours with a minor twist and loved it! I linked to you: http://asouthernfairytale.com/2012/06/18/fruit-smoothie/

Thank you for always being a source of delicious inspiration!

• Two Peas replied: — June 20th, 2012 @ 10:28 pm

Yay! Glad you tried a green smoothie!

35. Pingback: This and That | Two Peas & Their Pod

36. Pingback: Feeling Good « katieokeefeblog

Anne of Alamo — June 22, 2012 @ 4:34 pm

I am a recent convert to healthy, and green smoothies, I so enjoyed this recipe and the comments too!! Off to go explore the other recipes and get you on my reader!
    Thank you so much!

38. Pingback: Shh-moothies.. | Tamu Tamu

Kimberly — July 2, 2012 @ 11:52 am

I have been looking for a good green smoothie recipe for ages. I love the Naked Green Machine smoothie but they are too expensive! I’ve tried other recipes and they have just tasted awful or just like OJ or apple juice. I tested yours out this weekend on the boyfriend and got high praise, “You can make it for me again”. I loved that it was all stuff I had on hand and it tasted delicious. Thanks for posting this!

40. Pingback: Green Smoothie Recipes - FitDay Discussion Boards