Loaded Sweet Potato Nachos
Loaded Sweet Potato Nachos-perfect snack for game day or any day!
I have been on a major sweet potato kick. I have been making Baked Sweet Potato Fries almost every single day for lunch. I eat them hot off the pan. Who needs a plate?
Over the weekend, we were watching football and Josh suggested we make nachos. Nachos sounded good, but not the chip part. I wanted my pan of sweet potatoes for lunch. I had the most brilliant idea ever. I told Josh to make Sweet Potato Nachos! Since I am pregnant and because Josh loves me, he went along with my idea and made a big pan of Loaded Sweet Potato Nachos!
Josh cut the sweet potatoes into rounds, so they resembled chips. He used a mandoline slicer so all of the sweet potato rounds would be the same size. If you don’t have a mandoline, no worries, you can use a knife.
Josh roasted the chips until they were crispy. He pulled the pan out of the oven and smothered them with cheese and black beans. He put the pan back in the oven so the cheese could melt.
He topped the cheesy sweet potato nachos with green onions, cilantro, avocado, and sour cream. He wanted to add jalapeño slices, but I put my foot down…and since I am pregnant, I get my way:) I didn’t want to have heartburn for the rest of the day! If you don’t have to worry about heartburn, I am sure jalapeño would be a nice addition!
Loaded Sweet Potato Nachos are my kind of nachos. They were everything I hoped for and MORE! I am obsessed! I want to eat them for every meal!
If you are looking for a killer Super Bowl snack, make Loaded Sweet Potato Nachos! They are perfect for game day…or any day. I can’t wait until the big game to make them again! I might make them every day until Super Bowl Sunday. I just hope I don’t turn orange!
Loaded Sweet Potato Nachos
Loaded Sweet Potato Nachos are the perfect game day snack! Load them up with your favorite nacho toppings!
Yield: Serves 4-6
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 3 large sweet potatoes, washed and sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 large avocado, pit removed and diced
- Sour cream or Greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the sweet potato rounds on a large baking sheet. You might need two baking sheets if you run out of room. You don’t want to overcrowd the sweet potatoes. Toss the sweet potatoes in olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 20 minutes. Use a spatula to flip the sweet potato rounds. Bake for an additional 10 minutes or until sweet potatoes are crisp.
- Remove the pan from the oven and sprinkle cheese and black beans over the sweet potatoes. Bake until cheese is melted, about 5-7 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and top with green onions, cilantro, avocado, and sour cream or Greek yogurt. Serve immediately.
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!