I never knew I liked sweet potatoes until a couple of years ago. I never had them growing up. Well, I take that back…the only kind I ever knew of were the ones with marshmallows at Thanksgiving time and those do not appeal to me at all! Yuck! But now, they are a staple! I love them when they are cooked right:)
Roasted sweet potatoes are my favorite. They are so flavorful! They taste like candy, but better for you! Sweet potatoes are loaded with Vitamin A, C, maganese, a great source of fiber, potassium, and iron! Plus, they are a fun bright orange color!
If you haven’t tried sweet potatoes, try these “fries.” They are good and good for you! Feel free to spice them up however you like. I like them with salt, pepper, and fresh rosemary! YUM!!
Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- Prep Time
- 5 minutes
- 1 large sweet potato
- Olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh rosemary optional
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Peel the sweet potato and cut it into strips...to look like fries! Try to make them all the same size so they cook evenly.
2. Spray a baking sheet and put the potato fries on the sheet, spaced out.
3. Drizzle with a little olive oil and toss to coat.
4. Sprinkle with seasonings...salt, pepper, and fresh rosemary, if using.
5. Roast in the oven for 30-40 minutes. Make sure you turn the fries every ten minutes or so.
6. Let them cool briefly and dig in!