I never knew I liked sweet potatoes until a couple of years ago. I never had them growing up. Well, I take that back…the only kind I ever knew of were the ones with marshmallows at Thanksgiving time and those do not appeal to me at all! Yuck! But now, they are a staple! I love them when they are cooked right:)
Roasted sweet potatoes are my favorite. They are so flavorful! They taste like candy, but better for you! Sweet potatoes are loaded with Vitamin A, C, maganese, a great source of fiber, potassium, and iron! Plus, they are a fun bright orange color!
If you haven’t tried sweet potatoes, try these “fries.” They are good and good for you! Feel free to spice them up however you like. I like them with salt, pepper, and fresh rosemary! YUM!!
Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- Prep Time
- 5 minutes
- 1 large sweet potato
- Olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh rosemary optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Peel the sweet potato and cut it into strips...to look like fries! Try to make them all the same size so they cook evenly.
- 2. Spray a baking sheet and put the potato fries on the sheet, spaced out.
- 3. Drizzle with a little olive oil and toss to coat.
- 4. Sprinkle with seasonings...salt, pepper, and fresh rosemary, if using.
- 5. Roast in the oven for 30-40 minutes. Make sure you turn the fries every ten minutes or so.
- 6. Let them cool briefly and dig in!