Asian Chicken and Vegetable Foil Packets are easy to prepare and cook on the grill in no time!
Tin foil dinners are always a good idea during the hot summer months. They are easy to prepare and cook on the grill in no time. These Asian Chicken and Vegetable Foil Packets are a family favorite. The packets are made on the grill and taste just like stir fry. The best part? You don’t have to stand over the hot stove to make dinner, the grill does all of the work!
We fill aluminum foil packets with chicken, vegetables, and a simple Asian sauce. We like to use broccoli, bell peppers, carrots, and red onion, but feel free to use your favorite vegetables. This is a great clean out the fridge meal, if you have mushrooms, cauliflower, zucchini, or asparagus, throw them in! All vegetables are welcome.
The grill cooks the chicken and vegetables in about 20 minutes and the clean up is a breeze! Throw away the foil and enjoy a delicious and healthy dinner.
We like to serve the chicken and vegetables with rice or quinoa. It tastes just like stir fry, but without the frying, which is so nice during the hot summer months. We are all about grilling outside when it is hot outside!
Make Asian Chicken and Vegetable Foil Packets for dinner this week! You will love this quick and easy meal! Enjoy!
If you like this Asian Chicken and Vegetable Foil Packets, you might also like:
- Grilled Sausage and Vegetable Foil Packets
- Chicken Zucchini Noodle Stir Fry
- Easy Chickpea Vegetable Stir Fry
Asian Chicken and Vegetable Foil Packets
For the Sauce:
- 1/4 cup lite soy sauce or Tamari
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon Sriracha sauce
For the Chicken and Vegetables:
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 large red bell pepper cored and sliced into strips
- 1 large yellow bell pepper cored and sliced into strips
- 2 large carrots sliced
- 1 small red onion sliced
- Preheat grill to medium heat. In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, olive oil, brown sugar, sesame oil, cornstarch, garlic powder, ground ginger, and Sriracha sauce.
- Place the cut up chicken in a large Ziploc bag or bowl. Pour half of the sauce over the chicken and let it marinate for while you cut the veggies and make the foil packets.
- To make the foil packets, cut 8 sheets of heavy duty aluminum foil, about 12×18 inches each. Place two sheets on top of each other, so you will have four foil packets. Set aside.
- Place the cut up vegetables in a bowl and pour the remaining sauce over the vegetables. Stir until vegetables are well coated.
- Place the chicken in the center of the four foil packets, distributing it evenly. Discard the leftover marinade. Evenly distribute the vegetables onto the four foil packets with the chicken. You can spoon the extra sauce over the top of the chicken and vegetables. Bringing the short sides of the foil together, fold the seams together twice and then tuck the ends in and up to seal tightly.
- Place the packets on hot grill. Close the grill and cook for 17-20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender. Carefully remove the packets from the grill and serve warm.
- Note-you can let the chicken marinate in the sauce, in the fridge, for up to 8 hours. We like to serve the chicken and vegetables with rice. We make the packets on the grill, but you can also bake them in the oven at 350 degrees F. These packets would also work over a campfire.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod