Grilled Sausage and Vegetable Foil Packets make a great summer dinner. They are easy to make and the clean up is a breeze.
I got home on Sunday from an eleven day trip. I’ve never been away from Josh or my boys that long. It was hard, SO hard.
Before I left, I stocked the fridge with fruits, veggies, and made homemade granola and energy bites. I wanted the boys to have some healthy options on hand because Josh tends to spoil them while I am away:) When I got home, I asked Josh if the boys ate any vegetables while I was gone and he said yes, whew! He said he made Grilled Sausage and Vegetable Foil Packets for dinner a few times because the boys loved them.
Foil packets on the grill are a summer favorite because the prep and clean up is easy and the taste is amazing! Plus, you don’t have to heat up your house to make dinner.
Josh filled the foil packets with:
- Chicken sausage
- Bell Peppers
- Red onion
He also seasoned the sausage and veggies with dried oregano, dried basil, paprika, salt, and black pepper for extra flavor. The foil packets take about 2o minutes to grill and then you have your own special dinner in a fun foil pack! Yay!
A few tips:
- Use heavy duty aluminum foil to make the foil packets so they are sturdy and hold up on the grill.
- Cut the vegetables the same size so they cook evenly.
- We use chicken sausage, but you can use turkey, beef, or Italian sausage.
- If you need the packets to be vegetarian, you can leave out the sausage and use all veggies.
- If you want to cook the foil packets in the oven, preheat the oven to 400 degrees and cook for 30-35 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
Looking for a quick and easy summer meal? Get out the grill and make Grilled Sausage and Vegetable Foil Packets. Tin foil dinners are always a good idea!
Grilled Sausage and Vegetable Foil Packets
- 1 small red onion sliced
- 1 red bell pepper cut into strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper cut into strips
- 2 zucchini cut into 1/2-inch coins
- 12 baby red potatoes cut in quarters
- 4 chicken sausages cut into 1/2-inch coins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat gas grill to medium high heat.
- Cut 8 sheets of heavy duty aluminum foil, about 12x18 inches each. Place two sheets on top of each other, so you will have four foil packets. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine onion, pepper strips, zucchini, potatoes, and sausage. Add the olive oil, oregano, basil, and paprika. Toss until vegetables and sausage are well coated.
- Divide the sausage and vegetables evenly between the four foil packets, placing the sausage and vegetables in the center of the foil. Sprinkle the chopped garlic over the sausage and vegetables and season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Bringing the short sides of the foil together, fold the seams together twice and then tuck the ends in and up to seal tightly. Place the packets on hot grill. Close the grill and cook for 20-25 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Carefully remove the packets from the grill and serve warm.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod