Asparagus, Goat Cheese, and Pistachio Flatbread-this easy and healthy flatbread is perfect for spring!
I am so in love with spring right now, especially the fruits and veggies. Going grocery shopping and seeing all of the fresh produce makes me giddy. Yes, I am nerdy like that.
I am currently obsessed with asparagus. I think I’ve made it for dinner every night…for a week. Caleb is not loving it, but I don’t care. Every time he sees me get out the asparagus he says, “We had that last night.” Ha! I keep fixing it differently so he shouldn’t be too sick of it:) I have made Lemon Orzo Salad with Asparagus, Roasted Asparagus, and my favorite Spring Quinoa Salad.
I was going to take an asparagus break, but I had one more bunch to use up so I made Asparagus, Goat Cheese, and Pistachio Flatbread. I am so glad I did because this flatbread is my new favorite EASY spring meal!
I didn’t want Caleb to whine about having asparagus for dinner again, so I told him I was making flatbread pizza for dinner. He loves pizza so I knew he would be excited. I just had to hide the toppings from him:)
I used store bought whole grain flatbread for the crust. Easy peasy! I topped the flatbread with a little olive oil, goat cheese, shaved asparagus, lemon zest, chives, and pistachios.
I baked the flatbread until the cheese was melted and voila! A gourmet spring green flatbread pizza in no time!
I love everything about this flatbread. It’s easy to make and I love the bright green colors and fresh flavors! Plus, it was easy to clean up since there weren’t any leftovers. Caleb loved his flatbread pizza. Ok, he did ask for sausage pizza and he picked off the asparagus, but he ate the rest. He is only three, hopefully someday he will love asparagus like his mama! And I ate his asparagus, so more for me! Yay!
Bring a little spring into your kitchen with this easy Asparagus, Goat Cheese, and Pistachio Flatbread. It is great for a light lunch, dinner, or party appetizer! Enjoy!
Asparagus, Goat Cheese, and Pistachio Flatbread
- 4 oz goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chives
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 5 large asparagus spears
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Whole grain flatbread or naan bread
- 3 tablespoons chopped pistachios shells removed
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Lemon zest for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, stir together the goat cheese, chives, and lemon zest. Using a vegetable peeler, shave asparagus spears into long, thin shavings. Place shavings in a small bowl. Drizzle a little of the olive oil over the asparagus shavings and gently toss.
- Drizzle a little olive oil over the flatbread. Place dollops of goat cheese evenly over the flatbread. Top with shaved asparagus. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Place flatbread on a large baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes or until cheese is melted and flatbread is crisp. Remove from oven and top with chopped pistachios and lemon zest. Serve immediately.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!