Avocado, Spinach, and Artichoke Dip
Avocado Spinach Artichoke Dip is perfect for parties, potlucks, or every day snacking. Serve with pita chips, crackers, or vegetables.
Everyone likes a good dip. I dip, you dip, we ALL love to dip! I love making dips for parties, game day, movie night, every day snacking, and sometimes even dinner. A good dip served with veggies, chips, and crackers is sometimes my favorite dinner. I love being an adult so I can make the decision to eat dip for dinner:)
My new favorite dip is this Avocado, Spinach, and Artichoke Dip. It has all of my favorites in ONE dip. If you like guacamole and spinach artichoke dip, you will LOVE this easy dip. It’s the BEST of both dips in one bowl.
This amazing Avocado, Spinach, and Artichoke Dip recipe comes from my friend Kathryne’s new cookbook, Love Real Food (affiliate link). I met Kathryne years ago at Alt Summit, a blogging conference, and she told me she wanted to write a vegetarian cookbook. I told her she HAD to because I wanted to eat everything in her vegetarian cookbook. I am kind of selfish, I wanted this book for me because I love Kathryne’s recipes:)
Well, Kathryne did it, she published the most amazing vegetarian cookbook on the planet. I have A LOT of cookbooks and this is hands down my favorite cookbook I own because every single recipe is right up my alley. It is not just a coffee table book, although it is pretty enough to be one, this cookbook is going to LIVE in my kitchen because I am going to cook from it every single week of my life. I am going to make these healthy, fresh, simple, and mighty delicious recipes over and over.
I made the Avocado, Spinach, and Artichoke Dip the other day because we were watching the Warriors game and needed a little something, something to snack on. The dip only took a few minutes to make and it was a HUGE hit. I served the dip with homemade pita chips and cut up vegetables. I loved it and the boys loved it. We dominated the dip! It was the perfect game day snack. I know we will be making this dip on a regular basis.
A few Avocado, Spinach, and Artichoke Dip tips…I rhymed:)
- Make sure you use ripe avocados.
- I used our food processor to make the dip. If you don’t have a food processor, you can use a blender, just make sure you scrape down the sides of the blender several times and blend again. You want the dip to be smooth.
- The dip is fabulous with homemade pita chips. You can also serve the dip with store-bought pita chips, tortilla chips, crackers, or cut up vegetables.
- To store the dip, press a piece of plastic wrap against the surface of the dip to prevent it from browning. It will keep in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- The dip makes a great healthy snack for parties, game day, potlucks, picnics, and barbecues.
Go get your Avocado, Spinach, and Artichoke Dip on! And make sure you check out Love Real Food. I think everyone NEEDS this cookbook. It is filled with over 100 feel-good vegetarian recipes, tips, resources, and gorgeous photos. And did I mention Kathryne has the cutest dog, Cookie? Our boys are in love with Cookie. They steal the cookbook from me so they can say hi to the doggy:) Love Real Food is a WINNER! Congrats, Kathryne!
If you like this Avocado, Spinach, and Artichoke Dip, you might also like:
Avocado, Spinach, and Artichoke Dip
Avocado, Spinach, and Artichoke Dip is the perfect appetizer for parties or a great healthy snack for any day. Serve with pita chips, crackers, or cut up vegetables. The dip is vegan, gluten-free, dairy free, and nut free.
Yield: Serves 6
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 large or 2 small avocados (about 1/2 pound total), halved and pitted
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, or more if needed
- 1 clove garlic, roughly chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups packed baby spinach (about 1 1/2 ounces)
- 1/2 cup well-drained marinated artichokes (from 5-ounce jar)
- Serve with homemade pita chips, crackers, or veggies
- Using a spoon, scoop the avocado flesh into a food processor. Add the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper flakes, and several twists of black pepper. Blend until smooth, pausing to scrape down the sides as necessary. Add the spinach and artichokes and pulse until they are roughly chopped, 15 to 20 times, pausing to scrape down the sides if necessary. Season to taste with additional salt or lemon juice, if needed.
- Transfer the dip to a small serving bowl and serve with pita chips, crackers, or veggies.
Note-To store the dip, press plastic wrap against the surface to prevent it from browning. It will keep in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. For gluten-free, serve with vegetables or gluten-free crackers or chips.
Recipe from Love Real Food by Kathryne TaylorAll images and text ©Two Peas & Their Pod.
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!