Homemade Pita Chips – you only need 3 ingredients to make pita chips at home! They are so easy and SO good!
Pita Chips Are Addicting!
When we open a bag of pita chips, I know I am in trouble. I can never stay out of them. And of course, we usually buy the gigantic bag, because it is a better deal, but that means I just eat more than my fair share of chips. I have no self-control.
I told Josh we need to stop buying them. He didn’t like that idea, he is a big pita chip fan too, but he has self-control. He can eat a handful and be done. So not fair. I told Josh I would start making Homemade Pita Chips instead. He liked that idea.
Three Ingredient Pita Chips
When I make baked pita chips at home, I can control the amount I make…and there won’t be a bag in the cabinet calling my name all day. Plus, homemade is always better.
Homemade pita chips are easy to make. You only need three ingredients: pita bread, olive oil, and salt. I like to use whole wheat pita bread, but white pita bread works too!
How to Make Pita Chips
- Cut the pita rounds into triangles with a sharp knife. Place the pita triangles on a large baking sheet that has been lined with a Silpat baking mat or parchment paper.
- Brush the pita triangles with olive oil and season with salt, to taste.
- Bake until golden brown and crispy! The baked pita chips will be thick, crunchy, slightly salty…and SO good! Let cool and serve with your favorite dips.
- We love eating homemade pita chips with hummus, guacamole, and salsa. You can also use them to make my favorite salad! It’s amazing!
So did making my own pita chips solve my pita chip addiction? Not really. I ate most of the pan, my boys got a few, but hey, at least I didn’t eat a whole bag:)
Looking for other ways to enjoy pita chips? Serve with:
Homemade Pita Chips
- Prep Time
- 5 minutes
- Cook Time
- 10 minutes
- Total Time
- 15 minutes
- 4 whole wheat pitas I use whole wheat
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Sea salt or Kosher salt to taste
Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a large baking sheet with a Silpat baking mat or parchment paper. Set aside.
With a knife, cut each pita into 8 triangles and arrange evenly on the prepared baking sheet. Brush the pita triangles with olive oil. Flip them over and brush the other side with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt.
Note-store pita chips in an airtight container or Ziploc bag for up to one week.