Avocado Strawberry Caprese Salad
Avocado Strawberry Caprese Salad-avocado and strawberries make this simple caprese salad extra special! It is a great salad for spring!
Caprese salad is hands down one of my favorite salads. It is so simple and so good. I didn’t think the classic caprese could get any better, but then I made this Avocado Strawberry Caprese Salad, a recipe from, The Love & Lemons Cookbook by Jeanine Donofrio and Jack Matthews. I was blown away! This caprese salad is all kinds of wonderful!
The avocado and strawberries take the classic caprese to a whole new level. Avocados make everything better, so I knew they were going to be a good addition, but the strawberries were a pleasant surprise. They added a hint of sweetness that really made the salad delightful.
And strawberries are finally back in season, making this the perfect salad for spring! This salad is going to be on repeat at our house! It is my new favorite!
Now, let’s talk about The Love & Lemons Cookbook for a minute. I have been anxiously awaiting for this book to come out because I am a HUGE fan of Jeanine’s blog. The book is STUNNING! Like the kind of book you look at again and again and every time you are in awe of every page.
The book is organized by vegetables and fruits, which is so helpful! So if you have asparagus to use up, turn to the asparagus chapter. If you have no clue what to make with brussels sprouts, turn to the brussels sprouts chapter. All of the recipes are vegetarian, fresh, healthy, and BEAUTIFUL! I really want this to be a coffee table book because it is so pretty, but I don’t think it will leave my kitchen. I want to make too many recipes. I guess I need to get two copies:)
The Love & Lemons Cookbook has inspired me to get creative with my produce! Bring on the fruits and veggies!
Up your caprese salad game and make this Avocado Strawberry Caprese Salad recipe. Your life will be changed for the better! And make sure you check out The Love & Lemons Cookbook, it’s a winner!
Avocado Strawberry Caprese Salad
Strawberries and avocado make this simple caprese salad extra special!
Yield: Serves 4
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 cup halved cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 cup halved mini mozzarella balls
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted and diced
- 1/3 cup loosely packed basil, torn or chopped
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a small saucepan, bring the balsamic vinegar to a high simmer over medium heat. Stir, then reduce the heat to low and simmer until the vinegar has thickened and reduced by half, 8 to 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Place the strawberries, tomatoes, mozzarella, avocado, and basil in a shallow bowl or platter. Drizzle with olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper. Gently toss. Drizzle with reduced balsamic. Serve immediately.
Note-Jeanine’s recipe calls for 1/3 cup toasted pecans, but I left them out. If you don’t want to reduce your own balsamic, you can use DeLallo’s balsamic glaze. It is my favorite!
The Love & Lemons Cookbook by Jeanine Donofrio and Jack MathewsAll images and text © .
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!