Bacon Potato, and Egg Casserole – this easy breakfast casserole is packed with bacon, potatoes, and cheese! It can be prepared ahead of time and is a real crowd pleaser!
This post is sponsored by Wright Brand Bacon, but our opinions are our own.
Christmas Morning Breakfast Casserole
Christmas morning isn’t Christmas morning unless I am eating one of my dad’s famous homemade cinnamon rolls. They are a family tradition. Josh loves my dad’s cinnamon rolls, everyone does, but Christmas morning for Josh means BACON! Josh loves bacon and insists on making his favorite breakfast casserole: my Bacon, Potato, and Egg Casserole every Christmas. I don’t mind because he does all of the work and there is always room for another tradition, especially a food tradition. The more the merrier on Christmas!
The “B” in Breakfast Casserole is for…Bacon!
This is the perfect egg casserole for Christmas morning because it is easy to make, feeds a crowd, and everyone loves it! And, it has bacon. Loads of it. Our boys’ eyes light up like the lights on our Christmas tree when they hear the word bacon:)
This easy breakfast casserole is filled with Wright Brand Naturally Smoked Applewood Bacon, cheddar cheese, and potatoes. Josh also adds onion, red pepper, and garlic for flavor.
Josh loves using Wright Brand Bacon because it is hand selected, hand trimmed, and hand smoked. Every slice is thick and hearty. He puts bacon in the egg casserole AND on top. Bacon lovers rejoice! 🙂
An Easy Make-ahead Breakfast Casserole
This egg casserole can be prepared in advance, which makes it perfect for Christmas morning. You can prepare the night before and bake in the morning or you can bake and reheat in the morning. And just an FYI, this Bacon, Potato, and Egg Casserole also makes a great dinner, especially on busy weeknights. My boys love this breakfast casserole ANY time of the day!
Make this easy Bacon, Potato, and Egg Casserole part of your holiday celebration this year and for years to come!
If you like this easy breakfast casserole recipe, you might also like:
Bacon, Potato, and Egg Casserole
- 1 lb bacon, cut into ½-inch strips
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1 red bell pepper seeds removed and diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 12 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 3 cups frozen diced potatoes you don't have to thaw or cook the potatoes
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese divided
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 green onions chopped
- Heat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9x13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Cook until it is a nice crispy brown. Remove bacon with a slotted spoon and place on a paper towel lined plate. Roughly chop the bacon and set aside.
- Add the onion and red pepper to the skillet and cook over medium heat until tender. Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs and whisk in the milk. Stir in the cooked vegetables, potatoes, and 1 cup of the shredded cheese. Set ¾ cup of bacon aside and stir in the rest. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish and top remaining cheese and green onions. Bake for 20 minutes so the eggs start to set up. Carefully add the remaining bacon to the top of the casserole. Bake for an additional 20 minutes or until the eggs are firm and the top is slightly golden brown. Let stand for 10 minutes. Cut into squares and serve warm.
- Note: This casserole can be made in advance. Pour the mixture in the pan and refrigerate for up to 24 hours. Bake when ready to eat. You can also reheat the casserole.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod